HELP Required ASAP

I am currently in the middle of a build on twitch.tv and I am debating between two options as far as my AIO goes. I have a H100i V2 and a ASUS iX Formula. The formula for those who dont know has an AIO Pump header a CPU Fan header and a CPU Optional Fan header. One person told me I should plug the pump into the AIO pump header and then each fan from the rad into the two CPU fan headers and the other is telling me to plug the rad fans into the pigtails that the H100i comes with and plug the pump into the AIO Pump header. PLEASE HELP ASAP. If you want to see the build the link is twitch.tv/ifeedhard. 

PLug the pump into the pump and the fans in the splitter /pigtails

plugging it straight into the mobo should work too.Your choice though the splitter is neater

My life

The person who told me to plug them into the pigtails said that if i plugged all them in individually they would spin at different speeds is that true and or would it affect it

1 minute ago, Perez253 said:

The person who told me to plug them into the pigtails said that if i plugged all them in individually they would spin at different speeds is that true and or would it affect it

they would but you can change it in bios if you want.If you connect them to the splitter then they'll be a the exact same speed

My life

I could go into the bios and make them all spin at the same speed?

Just now, Perez253 said:

I could go into the bios and make them all spin at the same speed?

yes but you knoe just use the splitter easier and cleaner

My life

yea i know i could use the splitter but it would be cleaner if i didnt lol. is it hard to do in the bios?

1 minute ago, Perez253 said:

yea i know i could use the splitter but it would be cleaner if i didnt lol. is it hard to do in the bios?

no but you know uneeded work

My life

On 5/19/2017 at 4:23 PM, Himommies said:

no but you know uneeded work

It takes like thirty seconds to set up your fan settings in the bios, and you only have to do it once.  Are you seriously suggesting adding additional cables/splitters (which looks worse and gives less control) over such a simple and easy setting in Asus' amazingly good UEFI BIOS?  Come on...

I realize the OP has probably long since finished, but in this scenario you plug into the MB and take the tiny bit of extra time to set up your fans.  Asus also includes software for altering your fan curves and speeds from inside windows, it used to be like AI3 or something but not sure if it's been updated to a new version or not.

6 hours ago, aithos said:

It takes like thirty seconds to set up your fan settings in the bios, and you only have to do it once.  Are you seriously suggesting adding additional cables/splitters (which looks worse and gives less control) over such a simple and easy setting in Asus' amazingly good UEFI BIOS?  Come on...

I realize the OP has probably long since finished, but in this scenario you plug into the MB and take the tiny bit of extra time to set up your fans.  Asus also includes software for altering your fan curves and speeds from inside windows, it used to be like AI3 or something but not sure if it's been updated to a new version or not.

I don't know bout you but I say splitters look better because there;s only 1 wire.And I have yet to find a person who has 2 diffrent fan speeds for their rad fans.Its faster to change 1 fan speed then 2

My life

4 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I don't know bout you but I say splitters look better because there;s only 1 wire.And I have yet to find a person who has 2 diffrent fan speeds for their rad fans.Its faster to change 1 fan speed then 2

It's not one wire though, you still have to hide/manage both of the fan cables and ALSO the splitter wire.  In addition, having to have them come together generally means it is harder to hide/manage them than if you just plugged them into the MB using grommets like virtually every case has these days.

In fact, I have a situation just like this in my current case because two of my front fans don't reach where the PWM controller is.  I had to use a splitter to make them work and those two cables are basically impossible to hide, so I'm ordering extensions for each so I can manage them properly.  Typically a splitter doesn't make it easier to cable manage... it makes it worse.

Which was my point, not really that the fan speed was much of a benefit.  I was just saying that it's extremely simple to change/adjust the settings and if that's your motivation for using a splitter then I think it's silly.  If you have a situation where it makes it look cleaner: go ahead, it's not really a problem then.  But in my experience that isn't usually the case.

On 5/22/2017 at 1:34 PM, aithos said:

It's not one wire though, you still have to hide/manage both of the fan cables and ALSO the splitter wire.  In addition, having to have them come together generally means it is harder to hide/manage them than if you just plugged them into the MB using grommets like virtually every case has these days.

In fact, I have a situation just like this in my current case because two of my front fans don't reach where the PWM controller is.  I had to use a splitter to make them work and those two cables are basically impossible to hide, so I'm ordering extensions for each so I can manage them properly.  Typically a splitter doesn't make it easier to cable manage... it makes it worse.

Which was my point, not really that the fan speed was much of a benefit.  I was just saying that it's extremely simple to change/adjust the settings and if that's your motivation for using a splitter then I think it's silly.  If you have a situation where it makes it look cleaner: go ahead, it's not really a problem then.  But in my experience that isn't usually the case.

I have finished the build already and am actually using it to reply to this. I didn't end up using the splitter for the cable management reason exactly. I didn't care if my fans spun at different speeds its a difference of like 50RPM and I tried finding it in the BIOS but I couldnt maybe you could help me out sometime.

12 hours ago, Perez253 said:

I have finished the build already and am actually using it to reply to this. I didn't end up using the splitter for the cable management reason exactly. I didn't care if my fans spun at different speeds its a difference of like 50RPM and I tried finding it in the BIOS but I couldnt maybe you could help me out sometime.

You shouldn't even have to use the Bios.  I'm pretty sure the current Asus motherboards still come with the software suite that allows you to view system temps and manage fan curves by just opening the application.  Here is the info:

Support page: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

- AISuite3 -ASUS AI Suite 3 V1.01.56 Install Program for Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit.

download link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ASUS_AISuite3_Win7-81-10_V10156.zip?_ga=2.62534572.1859497957.1495716304-1050718441.1484838682

It will install and default to run when your PC boots, I recommend turning that off and only loading it when you want to monitor it so you're not wasting system resources all the time.  It isn't a heavy program or anything, but I try to trim down startup processes and applications as much as possible.  At any rate, that suite should do what I was talking about.  I haven't used this version of it, but it was pretty straight forward on my Maximus VI Formula.