Improve corsair 570x airflow

Jerped

Hello!

I got a hot problem right now. I bought a Aorus 1080ti extreme and it gets SUPER hot inside of my case. I would put the blame on bad airflow, because I can feel the hotness inside of the case not going outside.

I didn't change any of the fans included, so here is my configuration:

SP120 in the back intake, 2xSP120 in top Intake and the 280mm Radiator of my Kraken x62 in front as exhaust in pull configuration (2x140mm fans).

What do you think I can do to improve the airflow? Sadly I can't put the radiator in the top of the computer because of it's width and my motherboard getting in the way.

In the beginning I was thinking of putting HD120 instead of SP120 everywhere (1 back, 2 top and 3 front) and replace my kraken with a corsair H100I So that I would be able to put it in the top of the case instead of front.

Would there be another solution for me? I chose the HD120 because of the RGB glorry and the Lighting controller to manage them through corsair Link, but now that I witnesses my GPU getting over 80 degrees C, RGB come in second.

Can someone help me? 

Edit:

Oh and here is the fan mount possibility:

Fan Mount Locations

Front: (x3) 120mm or (x2) 140mm 
Top: (x2) 120/140mm 
Rear: (x1) 120mm

What are your specs and when are temps above 80c?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your specs and when are temps above 80c?

Here is the complete parts list (including peripherals, but I don't think you are interested in that).

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/jerped/saved/9gWK8d

The card gets hot when I play demanding games in Ultra on triple 1080p monitors (BF4 for exemple, card can get over 90c )

2 hours ago, Jerped said:

Here is the complete parts list (including peripherals, but I don't think you are interested in that).

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/jerped/saved/9gWK8d

The card gets hot when I play demanding games in Ultra on triple 1080p monitors (BF4 for exemple, card can get over 90c )

Why are you using the front as exhaust and the rear as intake? That's the opposite of how the case is designed to be used.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why are you using the front as exhaust and the rear as intake? That's the opposite of how the case is designed to be used.

I though that by putting the radiator in the front, I would have to make it as an exhaust in front and intake in back.

This way cold air gets in the case, and goes hot outside. Putting the radiator as intake would make the cold air from outside go in and become hot directly, or am I wrong?

Also, I didn't mention it, but I have a shelf on top of my desk. that would mean that the hot air will be stuck behind my computer if I put the top and back fans as exhaust?

1 hour ago, Jerped said:

This way cold air gets in the case, and goes hot outside. Putting the radiator as intake would make the cold air from outside go in and become hot directly, or am I wrong?

It does heat up. But front/bottom are also best ways to provide fresh air for GPU. Back and top won't move air even close to fans.

1 hour ago, Jerped said:

Also, I didn't mention it, but I have a shelf on top of my desk. that would mean that the hot air will be stuck behind my computer if I put the top and back fans as exhaust?

How much space there is between shelf/wall and case? Mine is hanging under the table, with 67mm to table and 106mm to wall. I haven't had any issues with exhausts blowing hot air there. Thing to note, fans are main things in and around PC case to move air. Hot air trapped behind or over case won't just magically come back inside when fans are blowing it out all the time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It does heat up. But front/bottom are also best ways to provide fresh air for GPU. Back and top won't move air even close to fans.

How much space there is between shelf/wall and case? Mine is hanging under the table, with 67mm to table and 106mm to wall. I haven't had any issues with exhausts blowing hot air there. Thing to note, fans are main things in and around PC case to move air. Hot air trapped behind or over case won't just magically come back inside when fans are blowing it out all the time.

hahahah yeah my PC has about the same space as you from top and left side (see below for picture of my old setup, I just changed the computer case and the parts inside, the rest is the same)

I was worried that having a chunk of hot air in the back of my PC would hurt how well the air comes out of it (because there is too much in the back)

Spoiler

P_20170205_165108_LL.thumb.jpg.74511873d7a8643cfcfce0dc56833286.jpg

yeah i would switch that around front should be intake and top/back should be exhaust, maybe even have the radiator up top with a exhaust fan in the back that way you have fresh unrestricted airflow for the 1080 Ti, it shouldnt increase temps that much on the cpu

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz

11 hours ago, Jerped said:

I though that by putting the radiator in the front, I would have to make it as an exhaust in front and intake in back.

Air coming through a rad would be warmer but that makes a smaller difference than having good airflow. Flip your fans back.

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Air coming through a rad would be warmer but that makes a smaller difference than having good airflow. Flip your fans back.

Alright I will try that tomorrow ^^

7 hours ago, SHADY16 said:

yeah i would switch that around front should be intake and top/back should be exhaust, maybe even have the radiator up top with a exhaust fan in the back that way you have fresh unrestricted airflow for the 1080 Ti, it shouldnt increase temps that much on the cpu

Like I said I can't put the radiator in the top because the motherboard has a heatsink that gets in the way. I should have bought a 240mm AIO instead of a 280 one....

• 6 months later...
On 5/7/2017 at 12:09 AM, Jerped said:

Hello!

I got a hot problem right now. I bought a Aorus 1080ti extreme and it gets SUPER hot inside of my case. I would put the blame on bad airflow, because I can feel the hotness inside of the case not going outside.

I didn't change any of the fans included, so here is my configuration:

SP120 in the back intake, 2xSP120 in top Intake and the 280mm Radiator of my Kraken x62 in front as exhaust in pull configuration (2x140mm fans).

What do you think I can do to improve the airflow? Sadly I can't put the radiator in the top of the computer because of it's width and my motherboard getting in the way.

In the beginning I was thinking of putting HD120 instead of SP120 everywhere (1 back, 2 top and 3 front) and replace my kraken with a corsair H100I So that I would be able to put it in the top of the case instead of front.

Would there be another solution for me? I chose the HD120 because of the RGB glorry and the Lighting controller to manage them through corsair Link, but now that I witnesses my GPU getting over 80 degrees C, RGB come in second.

Can someone help me? 

Edit:

Oh and here is the fan mount possibility:

Fan Mount Locations

Front: (x3) 120mm or (x2) 140mm 
Top: (x2) 120/140mm 
Rear: (x1) 120mm

I have the same case and cooler with 7700k and evga ftw3 1080ti. The problem is as people listed your radiator should be an intake in the front and the rear exhaust. My temps never touch the 70s

11 hours ago, alexisonfiredb said:

I have the same case and cooler with 7700k and evga ftw3 1080ti. The problem is as people listed your radiator should be an intake in the front and the rear exhaust. My temps never touch the 70s

Hahahaha the proble has been solved:

I bought a smaller AIO (corsair h100i) and installed it on top as exhaust. Everything is fine now and if I need extra airflow I remove the front and top glass panel ;)

Thank you anyway for the answer!!