Monitor's display became red

menyus420

Hi!
My firends tv-monitor's display went red all of a sudden. The monitor was not moved or damaged, one morning it was showing reddis on every input (D-SUB, DVI, HDMI, TV). However the colors in the menu layer are correct. I used different cables, disassembled the monitor, reseated the cables, and cleaned the connectros. There are no signg of damage or short circuit on the PCB.

Any idea?

Photo 2017. 04. 28. 17 31 57.jpg

38 minutes ago, menyus420 said:

Hi!
My firends tv-monitor's display went red all of a sudden. The monitor was not moved or damaged, one morning it was showing reddis on every input (D-SUB, DVI, HDMI, TV). However the colors in the menu layer are correct. I used different cables, disassembled the monitor, reseated the cables, and cleaned the connectros. There are no signg of damage or short circuit on the PCB.

Any idea?

Photo 2017. 04. 28. 17 31 57.jpg

Have you guys tried running the monitor  off another device to see if it continues? Or take out the GPU and try it off the integrated graphics.

think you might have a defective GPU instead

Just now, NoobCase said:

Have you guys tried running the monitor if another device to see if it continues? Or take out the GPU and try it off the integrated graphics 

We tried 2 pc-s and a laptop. Same with all.

16 minutes ago, menyus420 said:

We tried 2 pc-s and a laptop. Same with all.

Wonder if all the inputs are connected to the same pcb inside. If it is and something is damaged on it that could explain that the menu overlay is fine. Still got warranty?

16 minutes ago, NoobCase said:

Wonder if all the inputs are connected to the same pcb inside. If it is and something is damaged on it that could explain that the menu overlay is fine. Still got warranty?

No warranty. This is the connector side of the PCB. My guess is that the menu overlay is handeled by a different IC then the video inputs, and the error is in the other chip, but if this is a chip level problem i would guess that the inputs wont even work. I double checked both sides of the PCB and the cables.

InkedPhoto 2017. 04. 28. 16 48 20_LI.jpg