Picking a monitor

waggythegeek

Hey, I'm looking to upgrade the monitors on my build. I currently have one semi-decent monitor and two that look like i stole them from a high school library. My best monitor is this one https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001253 and I would like for the new ones to be, well, an upgrade to it. So, to list my requirements:

I need 3 identical monitors, eventually VESA mountable, around 20 inches each. Ports I have available for them are DVI, HDMI, and two mini-displayport. I have a singular mini to full-size displayport adapter. lastly, I would like them to be better than this monitor: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001253 

Thanks!

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

27 minutes ago, waggythegeek said:

Hey, I'm looking to upgrade the monitors on my build. I currently have one semi-decent monitor and two that look like i stole them from a high school library. My best monitor is this one https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001253 and I would like for the new ones to be, well, an upgrade to it. So, to list my requirements:

I need 3 identical monitors, eventually VESA mountable, around 20 inches each. Ports I have available for them are DVI, HDMI, and two mini-displayport. I have a singular mini to full-size displayport adapter. lastly, I would like them to be better than this monitor: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001253 

Thanks!

What is your budget? I am guessing you want 3 1080p monitors? Do you care about image quality (IPS) or refresh rate (TN) more? Some more details would be nice lol.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

What is your budget? I am guessing you want 3 1080p monitors? Do you care about image quality (IPS) or refresh rate (TN) more? Some more details would be nice lol.

maybe 1440p? and I really have no clue how much monitors cost, so just go low-end cheap and tell me how much it would cost.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Just now, huilun02 said:

I sure hope you know what you're doing. Asking for triple 1440p while only having an R9 280.

1440p displays don't get any smaller than 24" by the way. They are typically 27"

Here's a list of available 1440p monitors sorted by price

I was only intending to run games on one of them, having two running things like spotify shouldn't be a huge drain should it?

7 minutes ago, waggythegeek said:

maybe 1440p? and I really have no clue how much monitors cost, so just go low-end cheap and tell me how much it would cost.

Um... 1440p is higher end. Here is a monitor that is around 20 inches has IPS (so great viewing angles) and is 1080p at $90. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009484&cm_re=Monitor_1080p-_-24-009-484-_-Product 1080p at that screen size actually should look fairly nice. And here is a 1440p 25 inch monitor that is on the budget end, at $210 per.https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009484&cm_re=Monitor_1080p-_-24-009-484-_-Product

Just now, Orangeator said:

Um... 1440p is higher end. Here is a monitor that is around 20 inches has IPS (so great viewing angles) and is 1080p at $90. 1080p at that screen size actually should look fairly nice. And here is a 1440p 25 inch monitor that is on the budget end, at $210 per.

1. no links :P

2. yeah, what you described sounds about right actually. i do not wanna spend $210 per.

Just now, waggythegeek said:

1. no links :P

2. yeah, what you described sounds about right actually. i do not wanna spend $210 per.

Updated it right after I posted I realized I didn't include the links haha, my bad.

Updated it right after I posted I realized I didn't include the links haha, my bad.

I still don't see links?

Just now, waggythegeek said:

I still don't see links?

Refresh the page... They are there lol.

Refresh the page... They are there lol.

got 'em! thanks :)