Issue with monitor or not?

vasouv

I really don't know how to address this "issue", I'll try my best to explain and perhaps we'll come to a conclusion...

I've an old PC and so I have an HD monitor (1366x768). It's a LG 19EN33 LED, I got it around 80 euro 3-4 years ago. A friend of mine has a LG 22M35 LED which is FHD, and I borrowed it because he doesn't use it. This one is old too, he got it ~110 euro couple of years ago. Both of these monitors are VGA and I plug them to my graphics card with a DVI adapter (no VGA there).

When I first plugged in the FHD monitor, I was amazed by the resolution and all-around screen real estate. I used it a bit but when I scrolled in pages or watched movies, it's a bit blurry, fuzzy. My first reaction was that my graphics card can't power a FHD monitor (totally wrong but anyway) so I connected it to my laptop (Intel HD 5500) and again it's somewhat fuzzy in videos.

Back to my desktop, I tried Minecraft to see what happens (I definitely cannot handle FHD resolution in games). Great movement in my HD monitor, fuzziness in the FHD.

So, I'm leaning towards the FHD monitor being a total bust. I know it's a pretty basic FHD monitor but I didn't expect to be that much worse than my HD one. They're both of the same brand and they're both LED monitors. Could it be a monitor issue or do I need time to adjust myself to a bigger resolution?