Corsair AX 860i VS Seasonic Platinum 860

Go to solution Solved by quan289,
1 hour ago, graddumdum said:

1) Which one is better ?

2) Better Warranty?

I will be running Ryzen 1800x  & 1070 Amp Extreme.

Both are unnecessary for a single 1070 or even two of them in SLI btw.

1) The AXi is a digital PSU made by a server grade company, Flextronics. It offer monitoring capability, switchable single/multirail mode, programmable OCP in multirail mode (which isn't helpful to most people, as they don't understand it), etc. The Seasonic does offer a better fan. They both are high quality and comparable in electrical performance despite the Seasonic being analog. If they are in the same price point, I go for the AXi personally.

2) the Seasonic Platinum 860 model is one of the older models (it's internally the same as the non-I AX760-860, btw) that is going to be replaced by the Prime units and will not be getting the warranty upgrade to 12 years. It will have 7 years. Customer service on both is good. I found that Corsair was a little quicker with my last RMAs, but that was like 3 years ago.

You could also go for the RMi / HXi version, which offer the same features as the AXi (aside from adjustable OCP due to it not being digital) and lower performance (still very good) while being cheaper. Or have a look at the Prime series from Seasonic for a more updated model.

All choices are good. It's just a matter of what you want and how much they cost.

1) Which one is better ?

2) Better Warranty?

Specs:
---------
Laptop (Model):
HP Pavilion 15-p209tx
Motherboard:
Crosshair Hero Vi x370
Processor:
AMD Ryzen 7 1800x
Memory (part number):
F4-3000C14D-16GTZ
Graphics Card #1:
Zotac 1070 Amp Extreme 8GB
Monitor:
LG 27UD68-P - 4K Monitor
Storage #1:
Samsung 850 EVO 250gb x1
Storage #2:
WD Black 1TB x1
CPU Cooler:
Corsair H115i
Case:
Corsair 760T
Power Supply:
Corsair AX 860 i
Keyboard:
Logitech G413 (Black)
Mouse:
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Headset:
Sennheiser pc 8
Mouse Pad:
Razer Goliathus
Headset/Speakers:
Onkyo HT-S3500
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Network Router:
Netgear AC3200 Nighthawk X6
Accessory #1:
Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller
Accessory #2:
Raspberry Pi 2 x1
Accessory #3:
Raspberry Pi 3 x1

10 minutes ago, graddumdum said:

1) Which one is better ?

2) Better Warranty?

Both are Tier 1 PSU's so you will have great manufacture support and top of the line components. You cant go wrong with either. Honestly, get the cheaper of the 2. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Seasonic :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

42 minutes ago, graddumdum said:

1) Which one is better ?

2) Better Warranty?

1) Seasonic (higher score http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=317 ; http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=481)

2) Seasonic Prime has 12 years of warranty, AX has 10

https://seasonic.com/prime/

http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/ax860i-digital-atx-power-supply-860-watt-80-plus-platinum-certified-fully-modular-psu

1 hour ago, graddumdum said:

1) Which one is better ?

2) Better Warranty?

Both are unnecessary for a single 1070 or even two of them in SLI btw.

1) The AXi is a digital PSU made by a server grade company, Flextronics. It offer monitoring capability, switchable single/multirail mode, programmable OCP in multirail mode (which isn't helpful to most people, as they don't understand it), etc. The Seasonic does offer a better fan. They both are high quality and comparable in electrical performance despite the Seasonic being analog. If they are in the same price point, I go for the AXi personally.

2) the Seasonic Platinum 860 model is one of the older models (it's internally the same as the non-I AX760-860, btw) that is going to be replaced by the Prime units and will not be getting the warranty upgrade to 12 years. It will have 7 years. Customer service on both is good. I found that Corsair was a little quicker with my last RMAs, but that was like 3 years ago.

You could also go for the RMi / HXi version, which offer the same features as the AXi (aside from adjustable OCP due to it not being digital) and lower performance (still very good) while being cheaper. Or have a look at the Prime series from Seasonic for a more updated model.

All choices are good. It's just a matter of what you want and how much they cost.