PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro for a 1440p Display

Hi all,

I want to play PS4 exclusives on the display that I use with my PC. It is a 1440p panel. Right now, there is a bundle on 1tb PS4 Slim with Horizon: Zero Dawn and Uncharted 4 and 3 months of PlayStation Plus membership.

For %12 more, I can get a PS4 Pro 1tb with no games bundled.

Is PS4 Pro a good experience on a 1440p panel or PS4 Slim w/ interpolation is enough for you. Also does it worth to get Pro version considering the deals?

I'd say Pro, the hw is better and even upscaling from 1080p you can get a framerate boost on the Pro using Boost Mode (AC:U runs solid 30, instead of 21-30 on standard/Slim)

idk

3 hours ago, Droidbot said:

I'd say Pro, the hw is better and even upscaling from 1080p you can get a framerate boost on the Pro using Boost Mode (AC:U runs solid 30, instead of 21-30 on standard/Slim)

Yeah but my monitor is 1440p if I buy the Pro can I game at 1440p or will it downscale to 1080p? Because if it does then there is no point of buying the Pro? Am I right?

1 minute ago, kofgokhan said:

Yeah but my monitor is 1440p if I buy the Pro can I game at 1440p or will it downscale to 1080p? Because if it does then there is no point of buying the Pro?

Yeah, Pro doesn't do 1440p natively, only 4K or 1080p. 

Your choice, man. 

idk

2 hours ago, kofgokhan said:

Yeah but my monitor is 1440p if I buy the Pro can I game at 1440p or will it downscale to 1080p? Because if it does then there is no point of buying the Pro? Am I right?

It'll downscale to 1080p, but that doesn't mean it won't have the same benefits over the PS4.

• 2 weeks later...

If it was me I would get the slim because you will actually have something to play when you get your console, plus you will have ps plus and all this for less money. I have a ps4 and I don't really care that something is running at 30 frames as long as it isn't lagging.

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(