NBN Regional areas that are getting Fixed Wireless now getting up to 100Mbps!

SammoFS

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/gadgets-on-the-go/nbn-to-double-broadband-speeds-for-regional-australia-20170331-gvascq.html

Australians living off the beaten track are getting broadband speeds to rival the cities, with 100 Mbps Fixed Wireless NBN services scheduled to launch across the country early next year.

To take advantage of the new 100 Mbps plans, existing Fixed Wireless customers will need to upgrade their on-premises Wireless Network Terminal Device. The new 100 Mbps-capable Wireless NTDs – developed by Ericsson, NetComm and Qualcomm – will eventually become standard issue for all new Fixed Wireless installations, although there is potential for further speed boosts down the track.

I think this is great! For the people in Regional parts of Victoria,SA,NSW And more, They'll be able to possibly get metro speeds that we get on fixed line. And even faster boosts? Aw hell yea!.

Fixed Wireless NBN towers operate in clusters, connected to a central tower via microwave links

what happened to hating lightning broadband? lol

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

cool.

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

Just now, samiscool51 said:

cool.

ye.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

That's good news, but only if NBN Co can fix the congestion problems which happen at peak times. I get 70-80 Mbps and 30 ms ping during off peak times, but it slows right down to <10 Mbps and 200 ping during busy times. This is with an FTTN connection though.

Just now, Epis said:

That's good news, but only if NBN Co can fix the congestion problems which happen at peak times. I get 70-80 Mbps and 30 ms ping during off peak times, but it slows right down to <10 Mbps and 200 ping during busy times. This is with an FTTN connection though.

fttn is shit.

they're replacing hfc with FTTC apparently. Which is like fttn but more fibre

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

5 hours ago, Rika Shiguma said:

fttn is shit.

they're replacing hfc with FTTC apparently. Which is like fttn but more fibre

FTTN doesn't have to be shit. Even in the U.S. you can get guaranteed 100Mbps connections on pure copper and coax out to the switch which then runs fibre out to the backbone.

43 minutes ago, MandelFrac said:

FTTN doesn't have to be shit. Even in the U.S. you can get guaranteed 100Mbps connections on pure copper and coax out to the switch which then runs fibre out to the backbone.

Ofc it doesn't have to be shit but here it is shit.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

1 hour ago, MandelFrac said:

No FTTN is shit due to copper.

Yeah you can get 100mbps off VDSL2+ but in real world scenarios you need to be withing 400 ft of the DEMARK, then you need copper that is not old as tits so it guarantees some stability, then you need to make sure there is absolutely, not one god damn electronic or emf emitting device withing 50ft of the line or you will watch your nice 100mbps drop to 50 in an instant when your neighbors christmas lights turn on and then your modem and the card freaks the hell out, drops your connection to retrain due to parameter issues and then you are back up.

Copper is shit and always will be due to how other factors destroy the stability of it due to the nature of it being uninsulated non-twisted pairs.  I have customers on VDSL2+ and some do reach full 100mbps but that is only around 1/2 the time, even for people with very clean lines and less than 400ft. Its one of the biggest challenge of being a T2 DSL, trying to guarantee the stability and troubleshoot when things go wrong.

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

Yeah you can get 100mbps off VDSL2+ but in real world scenarios you need to be withing 400 ft of the DEMARK, then you need copper that is not old as tits so it guarantees some stability, then you need to make sure there is absolutely, not one god damn electronic or emf emitting device withing 50ft of the line or you will watch your nice 100mbps drop to 50 in an instant when your neighbors christmas lights turn on and then your modem and the card freaks the hell out, drops your connection to retrain due to parameter issues and then you are back up.

Copper is shit and always will be due to how other factors destroy the stability of it due to the nature of it being uninsulated non-twisted pairs.  I have customers on VDSL2+ and some do reach full 100mbps but that is only around 1/2 the time, even for people with very clean lines and less than 400ft. 

Copper Might not ALWAYS be shit. look at g.fast and xg.fast

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Copper is shit and always will be due to how other factors destroy the stability of it due to the nature of it being uninsulated non-twisted pairs.  I have customers on VDSL2+ and some do reach full 100mbps but that is only around 1/2 the time, even for people with very clean lines and less than 400ft. Its one of the biggest challenge of being a T2 DSL, trying to guarantee the stability and troubleshoot when things go wrong.

Well, NJ really has none of these problems, and we use FTTN and frankly fairly old copper/coax, and we can have 90-100Mbps all day even during peak hours.

And if the wires you're using aren't twisted and given at least commonsense shielding, then I'm sorry go rip your Tier1 provider a new asshole. As much as Americans bitch about Comcast, they're our provider and we are rock solid even if we pay $80 a month for that speed.

21 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

Copper Might not ALWAYS be shit. look at g.fast and xg.fast

We have one g.fast card but its still over copper. The speeds are not the issue with copper, the stability is. The more bandwidth you push through copper, the higher the frequencies. These high frequencies are what is affected the most. You would be surprised what can knock out a dsl connection.

18 minutes ago, MandelFrac said:

Well, NJ really has none of these problems, and we use FTTN and frankly fairly old copper/coax, and we can have 90-100Mbps all day even during peak hours.

And if the wires you're using aren't twisted and given at least commonsense shielding, then I'm sorry go rip your Tier1 provider a new asshole. As much as Americans bitch about Comcast, they're our provider and we are rock solid even if we pay $80 a month for that speed.

Do not mention copper and coax in the same argument. Two totally different technologies.

As said above is speed is not the issue. Peak hours dont apply to copper and fiber because they are direct connections and all are limited by the core routers and switches. 

Also I am not the customer, I AM THE DSL T2 TECH for an ISP. 

I am telling you how copper works because its my job to deal with it. Phone lines are not twisted period and the shielding is next to non-existent due to it being installed 80 fucking years ago. And go an head and call and rip me a new one but the whole point of DSL is to use EXISTING lines to provide a service. If the copper is old, corroded, struck by lightning...etc...repair is done on a small length of cable. And no ISP will spend MILLIONS of dollars to rerun all the phone lines again with shielding.

We have one g.fast card but its still over copper. The speeds are not the issue with copper, the stability is. The more bandwidth you push through copper, the higher the frequencies. These high frequencies are what is affected the most. You would be surprised what can knock out a dsl connection.

Do not mention copper and coax in the same argument. Two totally different technologies.

As said above is speed is not the issue. Peak hours dont apply to copper and fiber because they are direct connections and all are limited by the core routers and switches. 

Also I am not the customer, I AM THE DSL T2 TECH for an ISP. 

I am telling you how copper works because its my job to deal with it. Phone lines are not twisted period and the shielding is next to non-existent. And go an head and call and rip me a new one but the whole point of DSL is to use EXISTING lines to provide a service. If the copper is old, corroded, struck by lightning...etc...repair is done on a small length of cable. And no ISP will spend MILLIONS of dollars to rerun all the phone lines again with shielding.

Google will get to it eventually ;)

4 minutes ago, MandelFrac said:

Google will get to it eventually ;)

Lol

We are thankfully, but slowly getting rid of the copper we do have for gpon. The party I will have when copper is finally gone!

Lol

We are thankfully, but slowly getting rid of the copper we do have for gpon. The party I will have when copper is finally gone!

GPON being?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2017 at 3:54 PM, Epis said:

I just got the NBN a while back and I wish I hadn't TBH. The connection fluctuates so much.

[NBN] 12 Ping 20-90 Down 30-40 Up.

Yet I prefer my old cable connection at:

[CABLE] 8 Ping 115 Down 2 Up.

"Those who are last are sideways and smiling". - Jeremy Clarkson