Gaming pc and server

Go to solution Solved by Not_Sean,

What features of the server do you want ?

at 5 users not really any point, setting up a AD would be pretty pointless. Since its only 5 systems just do a Subnet if you want security and Grab a Fortinet Router, they got some very very awesome features.

or do you want a Server and 5 thin clients or VM's cause open that wallet right on up.  

Don't really understand why exactly you want a Server ? 

I want to build a server but also want a gaming platform as well anyone got ideas on a remote desktop and storage server set up while still allowing gaming looking to have a 5 pc network and am an amd builder so any mobos and hardware let me know

Just now, Austinadl said:

I want to build a server but also want a gaming platform as well anyone got ideas on a remote desktop and storage server set up while still allowing gaming looking to have a 5 pc network and am an amd builder so any mobos and hardware let me know

Hey I have an idea! 

Don't do it. It is a lot more expensive in the long run, and takes prelearned knowledge of virtualization software. Not to mention many hours of time.

My native language is C++

at 5 users not really any point, setting up a AD would be pretty pointless. Since its only 5 systems just do a Subnet if you want security and Grab a Fortinet Router, they got some very very awesome features.

or do you want a Server and 5 thin clients or VM's cause open that wallet right on up.  

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

so 

Just now, tt2468 said:

Hey I have an idea! 

Don't do it. It is a lot more expensive in the long run, and takes prelearned knowledge of virtualization software. Not to mention many hours of time.

well i dont mean like full out gaming the ocassional bf4, gta that knda thing use windows server 2008 as os if it wont work it wont work then does anyone have suggestions on a cheap server build just want to remote desktop really and store home data

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

i really want to remote desktop in and get files as well as a large centralized storage across the network if u have a better idea i am all ears i am kinda new to the server side so idk

10 minutes ago, Austinadl said:

i really want to remote desktop in and get files as well as a large centralized storage across the network if u have a better idea i am all ears i am kinda new to the server side so idk

http://www.seagate.com/au/en/consumer/backup/seagate-nas/

The remoting in thing would be completely pointless. If you do want more options and such look at some of the Fortinet stuff for your network and playing around with stuff. 

Your other option is building your Gaming rig and put in two extra 3TB HDD's or whatever and just map them on the other computers as a Network drive. way way cheaper but your PC will have to be on to access them. Can even just plug a 2TB drive into most newer Routers and everyone on the network can access it, create folders in that as admin and set the permissions if you want people to only access certain things

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333