Clean re-install, Windows 10 formerly 8.1 (OEM)

Ryaou

I have a laptop that was pre-installed with Windows 8.1 when I bought it and upgraded it to Windows 10 with the "Free Upgrade" when 10 was released.

For reasons, I would like to do a clean install of Windows 10 but how do I go about it? since it is an 8.1 OEM that's been upgraded to 10

Yes you should be able to as I did it with a laptop which was formally Windows 8 now Windows 10.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Ok good, thanks

How about CD key, Do I need that?

2 hours ago, Ryaou said:

Ok good, thanks

How about CD key, Do I need that?

Most laptops come with the Windows Key embedded into the systems UEFI so all you'd have to do is pop in an install disk for the version of Windows 10 that you have (Home or Pro) and install it that way :)!

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage