Corsair announces fully mechanical backlit K70 keyboard

Mysticode

Finally, no macro keys, fully mechanical back-lit keyboard, in two different colour options! Black keyboard with red back-lighting and silver with blue back-lighting (traditional Corsair scheme). Cherry red switches, not my favourite, but not bad.

http://www.corsair.com/k70

It looks amazing, just say it on my facebook wall, and the red backlight just...omg...I want.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Looks great...too bad probably won't be released until like June

Unless they do a surprise launch with the k95 that was suppose to release "early spring" and it's almost April now....

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

Man. Corsair. So close with this one. I really really want to get one of these Corsair keyboards but they just miss the mark for me. I actually owned a K90 for a little while and I absolutely can't stand the MX Red switches. The texture/feel on the buttons themselves are great. But the switches just kill me. I also LOVE the aluminum body and the wrist wrest.

This K70 looks fantastic. Not having the macro keys is a huge plus. While I would prefer white backlight I would be completely good with blue. It is the switches that kill me though. Who else uses MX Reds? Anybody? All the people I talk to and all the info I see online shows that people lean towards Blues or Browns with something like Blacks in third. I could be wrong but I don't think I have ever heard anybody ever recommend MX Reds, ever.

Personally, I prefer browns but I would definitely go with Blues if it meant having a keyboard as nice as this. Is anybody else frustrated by Corsair's decisions on this? It is almost like they are trying to target the smallest possible audience.

I agree. If the K95 had blue or green switches it'd be at the top of my wishlist. As it is it's just sort of "meh". The macro keys on the K95 are kind of overboard as well, I could make do with just 1 column or none since I do use a couple of macro keys closest to the CTRL/SHIFT on my current keyboard, but they're not necessary for me, it's an expensive keyboard and I feel like I'd be wasting money with that keyboard because of the excessive macro keys I wouldn't use. Yeah... if there were a K80 which looked like the K95 with 1 column of macro keys and blue or green switches... I'd be first in line lol. The overall aesthetic, backlighting options, etc. of the K95 is very appealing to me but there's no way I'll buy it with red switches. It just won't happen.

I agree. If the K95 had blue or green switches it'd be at the top of my wishlist.

The overall aesthetic, backlighting options, etc. of the K95 is very appealing to me but there's no way I'll buy it with red switches. It just won't happen.

That's it. No matter how good the keyboard is, they're cutting themselves out of a chunk of potential buyers by sticking with one switch type. I'm an MX blues man, but I'd love to try Greens for a while.

Aesthetically, I think the K70 is almost exactly what I'd want. White backlights would be the only thing I'd change.

Obsidian

• AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.8GHz, NB @ 2.6
  • AMD Radeon 6970 1GB (modded 6950)
  • 120GB SSD - OS/Apps
  • RAID0 2x1TB HDDs - Games
  • Catleap 27" 2560x1440 IPS Screen
  • Razer DeathAdder & BlackWidow
  • Audio-Technica AD700s

I absolutely hated their last K branded keyboards, this one just makes it worse. This is too much gimmick and too little features. The angled 1-6 keys are also a shitty idea, my hands are big enough to reach 1-8 comfortably, that angle on the 6 would just block me from doing that. Also, it's ugly.

And Cherry MX Red? Again? Who actually prefers reds? Even most FPS players would rather use at least browns.

Cherry MX Red = mechanical keys for people who don't like mechanical keys.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I absolutely hated their last K branded keyboards' date=' this one just makes it worse. This is too much gimmick and too little features. The angled 1-6 keys are also a shitty idea, my hands are big enough to reach 1-8 comfortably, that angle on the 6 would just block me from doing that. Also, it's ugly. And Cherry MX Red? Again? Who actually prefers reds? Even most FPS players would rather use at least browns. Cherry MX Red = mechanical keys for people who don't like mechanical keys.[/quote']

For the record it includes a standard set of keycaps you can switch out :P

I find the reds on my K60 excellent for FPS games, they are extremely responsive. For typing though they are just two light, its way to easy to accidentally hit a wrong key. With that said, my next keyboard wont use reds, most likely blacks or browns.

It looks gorgeous, that red blacklight I'm loving it!

Not so sure about the MX Reds, prefer the MX blues

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

Honestly it'd be nice if they just offered more than one option for the switches. Everyone else manages to do it. They're almost pulling an Apple here, deciding what they think is best for everyone and making only that one option...

The K70 is almost perfect for me. I want an included wrist-rest. I demand no additional macro-keys. I don't care abt audio pass-through. The special key-caps are a nice plus. They were way too noticeable, irritating & flashy on the K60. They fixed it. Plus, I discovered recently that even for typing, I enjoy red switches more than browns (it was a shock for me too). The one thing that I don't appreciate is the red backlight. It's too dark & aggressive The black color version with a white backlight would have been pure perfection in my opinion.

K70 would be perfect for me. Just they should do different versions, like the K70R for reds, K70B for blues, K70BR for brown, K70BL for black and so on.

I have 2 keyboards, one with blue switches and one with red switches and I love both of them.

I use the blues in every possible situation, but I use the reds at night or when I'm playing shooters.

Don't know, it's personal preference, I just love how my reds perform in shooters, can't explain why.

Don't think any switch is a bad switch, it just suits different people.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

So they announced the keyboard TTL modded, pretty much?

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Finally Corsair made a fully mechanical keyboard. The black version looks sweet with the red backlight! Wish Corsair made a Cherry MX Brown version.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

• 1 month later...

I can't wait for this board...after researching and reading reviews on other boards, I've decided to go with this one. Just wish they were more definite on a release date. I keep seeing it getting backed up on Newegg.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad