GTX750TI 240w PSU

Go to solution Solved by aisle9,
11 minutes ago, chiaroscuro2323 said:

Apparently this company makes PSUs for medical machines and they're the 4th in the world for selling PSUs especially in OEMs. They're from Taiwan and according to google they have a safety award for their latest generation of PSUs. I think it'll be fine, a 60w headroom isn't so bad, it's not like im putting a gtx 1050ti in it.

Yeah, FSP PSUs are actually ok. Pretty good on the OEM unit scale. The biggest problem with them is that they use cheapo Yate Loon fans in many of their units, and those fans get loud and/or die over time. Still, you're good with that unit. The 750 Ti isn't going to harm it.

HI,

I have a Lenovo M91/M91P SFF with a 240w PSU

Here are the specs:

Intel i5-2400

4 x 2GB kingston DDR3 ram

500gb 7200rpm HDD

GT730 GDDR5 1GB

Is it possible to upgrade my GPU with a GT750TI low profile by MSI? (https://www.amazon.ca/MSI-Computer-Graphics-Cards-N750TI-2GD5TLP/dp/B00SOXMPJY/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&q...)

I heard that there are 240w PSU computers that were able to run the GTX 750ti.

I ordered it on amazon since it was on sale, I could return it if it wasn't compatible with my current setup.

I also disconected my optical drive since it was just drawing power and I barely use it. 

Thanks!

Should be fine

Load Power Consumption - FurMark

i mean the 750 TI should. it draws power from the PCI slot with no external power from the PSU. Think PCI slots are 75W of power. so a 240w psu shouldnt be a problem

7 minutes ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

I think you might be able to run it though I use a GT 730

Yeah I have a GT730 right now, but I saw a sale on amazon and I decided to upgrade it to a 750Ti. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Should be fine

Load Power Consumption - FurMark

I assume that "Total System Power Consumption" means that it calculates all the parts of the system (includin CPU, HDDs, and etc)? If that's the case then I am confident that it will work, with a 60w headroom from 240w it should be fairly safe. Thank you!

Just now, chiaroscuro2323 said:

I assume that "Total System Power Consumption" means that it calculates all the parts of the system (includin CPU, HDDs, and etc)? If that's the case then I am confident that it will work, with a 60w headroom from 240w it should be fairly safe. Thank you!

Yes. They calculated CPU as well. HDD, RAM and optical drives doesn't consume much power so that shouldn't be a problem

You're fine. I ran an i3-6100/GTX 750 Ti (exact same MSI card) system off of a 210W OEM power supply for a couple of weeks while waiting for my Seasonic 300W unit to arrive, and no one died.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

5 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

You're fine. I ran an i3-6100/GTX 750 Ti (exact same MSI card) system off of a 210W OEM power supply for a couple of weeks while waiting for my Seasonic 300W unit to arrive, and no one died.

Yeah no human casualty but any hardware casualties?

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I'm still worried about the long-term effects though, with the timeframe of 1 week I'd say it was "short" to be a credible test. Thanks though. I am surely going to try going for it but of course i'll be cautious for the first few weeks.

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Yeah no human casualty but any hardware casualties?

Relax, it was a Delta PSU. No hardware was harmed in the typing of this post :P

6 minutes ago, chiaroscuro2323 said:

I'm still worried about the long-term effects though, with the timeframe of 1 week I'd say it was "short" to be a credible test. Thanks though. I am surely going to try going for it but of course i'll be cautious for the first few weeks.

by the time that psu given up you would propably have enough money for a brand new pc

6 minutes ago, chiaroscuro2323 said:

See if you can find the manufacturer of your current PSU. There should be a label on the side that lists the place of manufacturer and the OEM. If it's Delta, you're golden. If it's Bestec, you're boned. If it's someone else, post it up here. If you can't find the OEM name, see if you can get a picture of that label and post it here.

12 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

See if you can find the manufacturer of your current PSU. There should be a label on the side that lists the place of manufacturer and the OEM. If it's Delta, you're golden. If it's Bestec, you're boned. If it's someone else, post it up here. If you can't find the OEM name, see if you can get a picture of that label and post it here.

It's a Lenovo M91p SFF btw.

17547532_10208870494979566_2011414695_o.jpg

38 minutes ago, chiaroscuro2323 said:

It's a Lenovo M91p SFF btw.

17547532_10208870494979566_2011414695_o.jpg

Apparently this company makes PSUs for medical machines and they're the 4th in the world for selling PSUs especially in OEMs. They're from Taiwan and according to google they have a safety award for their latest generation of PSUs. I think it'll be fine, a 60w headroom isn't so bad, it's not like im putting a gtx 1050ti in it.

11 minutes ago, chiaroscuro2323 said:

Yeah, FSP PSUs are actually ok. Pretty good on the OEM unit scale. The biggest problem with them is that they use cheapo Yate Loon fans in many of their units, and those fans get loud and/or die over time. Still, you're good with that unit. The 750 Ti isn't going to harm it.

8 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Thanks for all your help! Really appreciated it!! I'll update this thread once I get the 750ti and test it.

• 2 years later...

Just asking I'm planning on putting a gtx 750 low powered gpu in. my specs are i5 2400, corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 8 GB DRR3 1600 MHz. 250 gb HDD (7200). Its a Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e. I have a 240 watt power supply. Is the power supply good enough. Sorry i'm very new to building/ upgrading pc. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/18/2019 at 8:06 PM, joeelson100 said:

Just asking I'm planning on putting a gtx 750 low powered gpu in. my specs are i5 2400, corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 8 GB DRR3 1600 MHz. 250 gb HDD (7200). Its a Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e. I have a 240 watt power supply. Is the power supply good enough. Sorry i'm very new to building/ upgrading pc. 

Put a gt 1030, as it takes 30 watts of power, it's an easy upgrade!