need help removing an antec kuler h20 650

I have an antec cooler that I am trying to upgrade to a corsair h115i. I have unscrewed the radiator already and tried to unscrew the mounting bracket but all that happened was the back plate fell off. The bracket is still attached by circular nuts that i can not get a grip on with pliers.

Well how did you get it on?

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

I'm wondering the same thing as Rangaman42. The screws go through the backplate to secure it on. If the backplate fell off then normally the cooler should be removable. If the backplate has come off but there are nuts preventing the removal of the cooler I'm left to assume you installed the cooler incorrectly.

hard to describe the manuel but the I had to thread a screw into a screw that was threaded into the back plate

That screw has a circular nut or head that prevents it from going through the motherboard. I fallowed the manuel exactly

1 minute ago, nanotyranis said:

That screw has a circular nut or head that prevents it from going through the motherboard. I fallowed the manuel exactly

What socket did you install it on?

1 minute ago, nanotyranis said:

lga 1151

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't socket 2011 or 2011-V3. What are the chances that you could send a photo of these screws behind the motherboard so we know exactly what it is that you're looking at?

I tried to call antec but no reply, may have to try again another day.

2 minutes ago, nanotyranis said:

I tried to call antec but no reply, may have to try again another day.

Don't worry about it I just watch internet videos while I wait.

I see. Your product malfunctioned. That backplate is plastic isn't it? And the screw holes stripped. Bad design.

Don't waste you time trying to pinch the ring which is against the motherboard just pinch the threads that normally screw into the backplate with pliers then from the other side (You're gonna have to hug your computer case to do this) unscrew the corresponding screw holding down the CPU block.

And never mind you got it. Just don't buy water coolers with plastic backplates in the future.