Joelbanks5
4 minutes ago, NinJake said:

What about processes, make sure to check the "show processes from all users"

A screenshot would be easiest

Just now, Joelbanks5 said:

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Thanks for the processes, but I'm still certain it's norton since your subscription ran out.

You have to choose whatever options will COMPLETELY UNINSTALL it from your computer. Otherwise it will try to keep some files on your computer "in case" you want to re-install it in the future... however if you really wanted to re-install norton (no idea why anyone would want to choose norton over other antivirus...) then you can always just clean install it.

So essentially, make sure whatever options you choose don't leave any traces of it on your computer. Thank me later.

30 minutes ago, alca said:

Does it happen anywhere (out of game, etc.) or just while you're gaming?

Try plugging your monitor to the motherboard and see what happens.

Reinstall drivers.

Boot into safe mode and see if it still occurs.

I used that site you gave me to do this and as far as I know I clicked on the clean and do something option and chose normal. I will see if it's fixed

Just now, NinJake said:

Thanks for the processes, but I'm still certain it's norton since your subscription ran out.

You have to choose whatever options will COMPLETELY UNINSTALL it from your computer. Otherwise it will try to keep some files on your computer "in case" you want to re-install it in the future... however if you really wanted to re-install norton (no idea why anyone would want to choose norton over other antivirus...) then you can always just clean install it.

So essentially, make sure whatever options you choose don't leave any traces of it on your computer. Thank me later.

I have uninstalled norton with no traces

That should have uninstalled your drivers, now restart your pc, install new ones, and see if it helps. :)

Just now, alca said:

That should have uninstalled your drivers, now restart your pc, install new ones, and see if it helps. :)

It restarted itself, installing new ones now

Just now, alca said:

I'm having problems reinstalling the drivers, it won't let me install the drivers to my SSD. When I try to do so it asks if I want to install it to my account folder instead. it says I do not have the administrator permission

How do I fix this?

Just now, alca said:

How did you install them the first time?

I don't remember that was almost 2 years ago now. I think I did it by the disk that came with it. I no longer have the disk if that's how I did it. 

But why is it saying I need administrator permission? I am the admin account.

Try installing onto your HDD, and give me the full message here, I'll see if Google has any info on it.

Just now, alca said:

Try installing onto your HDD, and give me the full message here, I'll see if Google has any info on it.

I'd prefer it be on my SSD but ok, I will see about moving it later.

it worked on my HDD

Just now, alca said:

So how do I move it over to my SSD once it is finished installing?

I'm not sure if that's safe to do since drivers don't only install in 1 folder (else you wouldn't need an uninstaller such as Display Driver Uninstaller).

I suggest making a new thread and asking what the issue with admin permission is.

Good luck :)

Just now, alca said:

I'm not sure if that's safe to do since drivers don't only install in 1 folder (else you wouldn't need an uninstaller such as Display Driver Uninstaller).

I suggest making a new thread and asking what the issue with admin permission is.

just started up ME andromeda, that didn't fix it 

Just now, alca said:

Any other ideas on how to fix this? Did any of those background tasks sound like they may have been a problem? Maybe if I did exit out of a background task that was essential by accident, how would I fix that or know?

Is there any way to maybe reset my PC to what it was before I got on today?

I skimmed through some things.

As far as admin privileges go, even if you are admin it will still pop up with User Account Control (UAC) with a Yes or No option. If you weren't admin then it would ask for the admin account name and password.

Therefore you are fine, just hit yes.

Just now, NinJake said:

I skimmed through some things.

As far as admin privileges go, even if you are admin it will still pop up with User Account Control (UAC) with a Yes or No option. If you weren't admin then it would ask for the admin account name and password.

Therefore you are fine, just hit yes.

it doesn't even give me the option to hit yes, doesn't matter now anyway as the drivers are installed on the HDD. 

that didn't solve the problem, can you think of any other problems or maybe a solution if the problem was me miss clicking and ending the wron=g background task?

Restart your computer. Any background tasks that are normally on will be there after a restart.

Once you're done restarting, take a screenshot of your "startup" tab in task manager.

Just now, NinJake said:

Restart your computer. Any background tasks that are normally on will be there after a restart.

Once you're done restarting, take a screenshot of your "startup" tab in task manager.

I've restarted my PC multiple times already. That was the first thing I did when this problem started as I know for some odd reason restarting things fixes a lot of problems. lol

Just now, NinJake said:

could it be maybe that I uninstalled that not working asus streaming app which allowed me to stream my phone to my pc monitor?

Just now, NinJake said:

Ok then post your startup tab.

What I posted before is my startup tab