Pc is doing weird stuff while I'm in game

Joelbanks5

So today I started up my pc and it started doing some weird shit with the game window when I loaded up a game. It was working fine almost 12 hours ago. Please help me figure this out and fix it.

It does this every few seconds.

IMG_0169.MOV

im not sure if that video works (I can't wait to get a useful phone so this stuff will work) but what it is is I'm in a full screen game and it kind of tabs out of it, but the way it does that is kind of flashy and the screen goes black for a split second multiple times and then it goes back into the full screen game.

the only thing I can think of that I did different than last time is that I ended a few tasks such as some apple software and blue stacks, nothing essential. I tried restarting my pc and it remained the same, I didn't end any tasks after restarting my pc. 

I also deleted some asus streaming thing thing that was supposed to allow me to stream what's in my phone or what have you onto my monitor, that didn't work so I deleted it. I don't think that would cause a problem though.

Does it happen anywhere (out of game, etc.) or just while you're gaming?

Try plugging your monitor to the motherboard and see what happens.

Reinstall drivers.

Boot into safe mode and see if it still occurs.

Try windowed fullscreen or just windowed mode instead of full screen.

Just now, alca said:

Does it happen anywhere (out of game, etc.) or just while you're gaming?

Try plugging your monitor to the motherboard and see what happens.

Reinstall drivers.

Boot into safe mode and see if it still occurs.

no just in game, so far I have only played mass effect andromeda and that has happened. I haven't played any other games, ME andromeda has been working fine since I got it on tuesday.

should I still do those things you mentioned?

Just now, NinJake said:

Try windowed fullscreen or just windowed mode instead of full screen.

I'd rather not, not as immersive.

3 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

no just in game, so far I have only played mass effect andromeda and that has happened. I haven't played any other games, ME andromeda has been working fine since I got it on tuesday.

should I still do those things you mentioned?

I'd rather not, not as immersive.

Do you mean "no, just in game" or "not just in game"? Sorry, didn't understand. And yeah, try reinstalling drivers first (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html), if that doesn't help, try safe mode.

Windowed fullscreen is essentially the same thing. You can't even tell the difference. But ok, if you don't want to troubleshoot in the troubleshooting forum be my guest.

5 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

I'd rather not, not as immersive

Just now, NinJake said:

Windowed fullscreen is essentially the same thing. You can't even tell the difference. But ok, if you don't want to troubleshoot in the troubleshooting forum be my guest.

that's not really fixing my problem to begin with. It's just getting around the problem.

Just now, alca said:

Do you mean "no, just in game" or "not just in game"? Sorry, didn't understand. And yeah, try reinstalling drivers first (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html), if that doesn't help, try safe mode.

i mean "no, just in game". and alright I will try that

Ok, well you're saying it's only when you're in FULL SCREEN that this happens then. That's all I was having you test. Not a permanent solution.

What tasks are open in the background when you play games and this happens, and when was the last time you rebooted your computer/checked for updates?

What GPU do you have, by the way? Does that happen only in ME: Andromeda? If so, could be something to do with the game (try Googling it, since I never played it), or drivers. Not much more I can think of.

Just now, NinJake said:

Ok, well you're saying it's only when you're in FULL SCREEN that this happens then. That's all I was having you test. Not a permanent solution.

What tasks are open in the background when you play games and this happens, and when was the last time you rebooted your computer/checked for updates?

the only task open in the background is origin

Just now, alca said:

What GPU do you have, by the way? Does that happen only in ME: Andromeda? If so, could be something to do with the game (try Googling it, since I never played it), or drivers. Not much more I can think of.

I have an MSI 980ti, it has been working perfectly fine for the past 3 days. last i played mass effect andromeda was 5 in the morning so not too long ago and it worked like normal.

also not sure if this means anything but norton security is starting to spam the shit out of me saying renew my suibscription and it keeps popping up after i exit out trying to connect to servers then saying renew your subscription.

Just now, Joelbanks5 said:

the only task open in the background is origin

What about processes, make sure to check the "show processes from all users"

A screenshot would be easiest

Try running Furmark for 15-20 minutes and see if the problem still occurs.

Just now, alca said:

Try running Furmark for 15-20 minutes and see if the problem still occurs.

can you give me a link to that, I've never used it before

and this Norton thing is getting annoying, it's never done this before, it wont stop opening and telling me to renew my subscription. Does this have anything to do with the issue?

Just now, NinJake said:

What about processes, make sure to check the "show processes from all users"

A screenshot would be easiest

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Just uninstall norton and get malwarebytes or use common sense to avoid viruses. There's a good chance norton is causing the flickering while in full-screen mode. @Joelbanks5

Just now, alca said:

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/ - torture test for the GPU, good for identifying problems related to it.

I doubt Norton has got anything to do with it.

alright, just wandering since all of this weird stuff started happening today.

and now this norton stuff is starting to worry me. Now instead of just opening norton it is also opening new norton tabs on chrome, how do I fix this?

Just now, NinJake said:

Just uninstall norton and get malwarebytes or use common sense to avoid viruses. There's a good chance norton is causing the flickering while in full-screen mode. @Joelbanks5

I have been using common sense since I built my pc

1 minute ago, Joelbanks5 said:

alright, just wandering since all of this weird stuff started happening today.

and now this norton stuff is starting to worry me. Now instead of just opening norton it is also opening new norton tabs on chrome, how do I fix this?

Uninstall Norton, I guess they're forcing you to renew the subscription.

Ok, then either renew your subscription or uninstall it until you do renew it and see if that fixes the issue.

Just now, alca said:

Uninstall Norton.

retarded question, How do I do that? I mainly don't know where the file is to do this and don't know if there is an uninstaller like there is with steam or something.

Just now, alca said:

Uninstall Norton.

also I'm doing the uninstaller now should I choose normal or safe mode?

Norton is more of a virus than most viruses are normally lol.

Search for "add or remove programs" through the start menu. @Joelbanks5