ASRock 970M Pro3 MOBO not posting

Go to solution Solved by User1868,

Problem was with RAM. In the manual it said to put RAM into A2 and B2 slots.

Finally posted with one ram stick in A2 slot (with the other one in which is odd). Turns out it didn't find the other stick.

You need to put the RAM (it even says that it's dual channel memory mode) into A2 and B1

Hello,

My new ASRock 970M Pro3 MOBO won't post.

I have checked all the connectors with the PSU and everything is in place (24 pin mobo and 8 pin cpu power).

I tried switching ram slots (currently installed as in manual) (RAM also compatible with mobo).

I have a gtx 950 also installed because the mobo doesn't have on board graphics.

I don't have any hard drives or other things installed.

Any ideas? I'm trying to get the MOBO to post at least - all it does is spin the cpu fan to 100% and that's all

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Problem was with RAM. In the manual it said to put RAM into A2 and B2 slots.

Finally posted with one ram stick in A2 slot (with the other one in which is odd). Turns out it didn't find the other stick.

You need to put the RAM (it even says that it's dual channel memory mode) into A2 and B1

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit