NZXT S340 Elite

Go to solution Solved by Glennieboyyy007,

i would say just go for the elite. i have it as well and my GPU never exceeds 60 degrees celcius. i know its only a gtx 750 ti, but my cpu is also air cooled and is at 5Ghz and 1.3V, so i would say cooling is still good

I've heard a lot of good things about the NZXT S340 Elite but I've also heard something that could be a deal breaker for me: the cooling. I've hears that because of the front panels design there's no way you can effectively cool the system, especially the graphics card. This is apparently because the only way it can pull air in is through the 1-inch slits in the top and bottom. Since this is my first build, I'm not sure how true it is or if it even matters. If you have this case I'd love to know if you've been having any cooling issues with it. Also, recommendations for good, sub $150 cases would be great. Thanks!

i would say just go for the elite. i have it as well and my GPU never exceeds 60 degrees celcius. i know its only a gtx 750 ti, but my cpu is also air cooled and is at 5Ghz and 1.3V, so i would say cooling is still good

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

I have the S340 Elite and have zero issues with cooling my 7700k and GTX 1070.

I have an H440 and I do see some airflow issues if I I turn down the case fans. They're wonderful cases though and the airflow doesn't make that much of a difference. I would look at other cases around that price range though.

Alternatively, you can buy an S340 and make your own glass panel for super cheap and save some money

That's an F in the profile pic

dont worry about cooling in the S340 elite unless your planning for SLI

No problems here with an overclocked I7 6700k and GTX 1080 TI House Fire Edition. Though if you actually have too powerful of fans in the front the noise from the air being pulled in through the front panels will be pretty loud so watch out there.

Only Rig: CPU I7 6700K @ 4.7Ghz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P | GPU GTX 1080 TI Founders Edition With Hybrid Cooler Installed | RAM G.Skill NT Series 16GB DDR4 @ 2600Mhz | CPU Heatsink Corsair H100i V2 | SSD Kingston V300 Series 240GB | SSD Generic 120GB M.2| HDD Western Digital Blue 750GB (10 years old) | HDD Seagate Barracuda 500GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Corsair CSM 750W 80+ Gold | Case NZXT S340 Elite | Monitor BenQ XL2730Z 144Hz 1440P | KB Corsair K70 LUX | Mouse Logitech G402 | Headset  Logitech G933

S340 user here, I've never had any problems with cooling, and I only use the stock fans.

The only time I had even close to too much heat is when I had 2x R9 270s in Crossfire :P

Current 6600k @ 4.2GHz only gets to about 70c with a Hyper 212 EVO

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB