Motherboard + other components may be fried

I was just playing games as usual, then my pc suddenly turned off. Initially it would not boot, not even the keyboard and mouse are lit, which they usually are when pc is off. PSU made these rather high pitched clicking noised when turned off and on. When it did decide to boot, sparks came from the VRM so I immediately turned off the power supply to avoid further damage. Now there's a burnt smell coming from the mobo. I don't know what I should do now. I just tested my PSU with the PSU tester it came with, the fans still spin and one of my LED fans still lights up. My pc had a history of rebooting mid-use, however it usually did not involve it completely shutting down and burnt smell. A similar situation did occur before, but only once, that was with my old PSU, which was the cause of the reboots, as now with the new PSU the reboots have stopped.My specs are:
FX 9590
ASROCK 990FX EXTREME9
H100iGTX
EVGA 850G2 Supernova
Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce

6 minutes ago, 19829984 said:

I was just playing games as usual, then my pc suddenly turned off. Initially it would not boot, not even the keyboard and mouse are lit, which they usually are when pc is off. PSU made these rather high pitched clicking noised when turned off and on. When it did decide to boot, sparks came from the VRM so I immediately turned off the power supply to avoid further damage. Now there's a burnt smell coming from the mobo. I don't know what I should do now. I just tested my PSU with the PSU tester it came with, the fans still spin and one of my LED fans still lights up. My pc had a history of rebooting mid-use, however it usually did not involve it completely shutting down and burnt smell. A similar situation did occur before, but only once, that was with my old PSU, which was the cause of the reboots, as now with the new PSU the reboots have stopped.My specs are:
FX 9590
ASROCK 990FX EXTREME9
H100iGTX
EVGA 850G2 Supernova
Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce

If sparks came from your mobo then the vrm likely failed and that's probably a dead board.  You could remove the vrm heatsink and see if the board has burn marks.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

my question is, is that PSU even qualify for the amount of power the 9590 sucks. Can the rails support it?

Ik thats a high quality PSU

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

3 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

If sparks came from your mobo then the vrm likely failed and that's probably a dead board.  You could remove the vrm heatsink and see if the board has burn marks.

What tools would I need to remove it, those do not look like Philiphead screws. Also, should I try booting it up again, or will i risk frying my other components.

34 minutes ago, 19829984 said:

What tools would I need to remove it, those do not look like Philiphead screws. Also, should I try booting it up again, or will i risk frying my other components.

If it's not a philips head screw then it is probably a torques head screw.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Update: removed basically everything from mobo. It booted up, no sparks. Got error 10 and C5 a couple of times, finally posted after reseating RAM.

10 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

If it's not a philips head screw then it is probably a torques head screw.

It might be, but I'm not sure. Please see the attached image, sorry for the low quality.

image.jpg

14 minutes ago, 19829984 said:

It might be, but I'm not sure. Please see the attached image, sorry for the low quality.

image.jpg

The actual screws are on the back of the motherboard.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit