Optus THREATENS to shut off Cable users in NBN-Ready Area's.

SammoFS
1 minute ago, Rika Shiguma said:

?????

I'm bashing the government again. Keep calm and carry on with your day. 

idk

16 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

I'll be pissed if im moved to fttc. (Which Apparently I WILL.) (According to your "know it all about the nbn" brain). 

"Optus cable in a state where it's unusable for NBN infrastructure" Are you talking about HFC or legit actual "Cable" you choose on their website. Fibre To the Kerb (YES I KNOW ITS FIBER TO THE CURB FOR AMERICANS IM USING THE AUSTRALIAN SPELLING BECAUSE... ykno im aussie.) I guess I wouldn't mind having but.. HFC w/ Docsis 3.1 Up to Gigabit I would prefer that. I'm not trying to fight or anything but.. Bill Morrow and the other fucking Idiot's who think of what to deploy are just MASSIVE IDIOTS.

HFC and Cable are the same thing just different names. If i was you i'd rather FTTC (assuming it's FTTdp) over HFC, HFC is a shared medium and is one of if not the most congestion prone technologies there is.

Also depending on design and how much money is spent, an optical node is only going to cater for a couple of gigabit users before congestion starts (much worse congestion than other tech).

10 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

I'm bashing the government again. Keep calm and carry on with your day. 

I was bashing our government too. (well, Tried to at least. You're better ;) )

7 minutes ago, JAKEBAB said:

HFC and Cable are the same thing just different names. If i was you i'd rather FTTC (assuming it's FTTdp) over HFC, HFC is a shared medium and is one of if not the most congestion prone technologies there is.

Also depending on design and how much money is spent, an optical node is only going to cater for a couple of gigabit users before congestion starts (much worse congestion than other tech).

cheers For letting me know lol thanks

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

12 hours ago, JAKEBAB said:

I'm aware they have to go through the ACCC but that still doesn't make it illegal also nowhere does that wiki say it was due to FTTN not being reliable. As for the Telstra thing that was due to requiring third party access (wholesaling) which isn't a surprise with how greedy Telstra is. Nothing you have provided says it's illegal just they need to negotiate terms like any infrastructure project.

Your wrong Liberals haven't done any FTTP contracts they have a strict no FTTP policy lol.

This reply makes me believe you don't actually read anything I give you =\

It is illegal if rejected by the ACCC for them to do it anyway, also the ACCC said

Former ACCC chairman, Graeme Samuel later said the proposal was 'an illusion on cost and on the capacity to truly deliver high-speed broadband to end users'

About FTTN.

The Liberals don't have a no FTTP policy lmao, read their policy please. They are to deliver around ~30% of NBN as FTTP, they have actually done FTTP contracts as I've ACTUALLY shown you. You haven't shown me shit to back up any of your claims. All I've done is provided sources, what have you done?

@Rika Shiguma I am definitely not defending the government, I am a greens voter. I am merely providing information based on policy and the actual rollout.

FTTC btw is better than HFC for you as it's relatively easy to upgrade to FTTP and also it does support gigabit speeds.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

6 minutes ago, PerfectTemplar said:

@Rika Shiguma I am definitely not defending the government, I am a greens voter. I am merely providing information based on policy and the actual rollout.

FTTC btw is better than HFC for you as it's relatively easy to upgrade to FTTP and also it does support gigabit speeds.

oh okay thanks for letting me know that. And. Greens voter?... lmfao even worse They want to tax everything xD

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

5 hours ago, PerfectTemplar said:

This reply makes me believe you don't actually read anything I give you =\

It is illegal if rejected by the ACCC for them to do it anyway, also the ACCC said

About FTTN.

The Liberals don't have a no FTTP policy lmao, read their policy please. They are to deliver around ~30% of NBN as FTTP, they have actually done FTTP contracts as I've ACTUALLY shown you. You haven't shown me shit to back up any of your claims. All I've done is provided sources, what have you done?

I did read it but it doesn't seem like you did because "Telstra dropped plans for the new network on 7 August 2006, after reaching an impasse in negotiations with the ACCC.".

Yes it's illegal if the ACCC rejects it but nowhere does it say they can never make up a new proposal.

I've read there policy and i know the 30% is all from Labor please don't give such a scum government credit for Labor's work. You also haven't shown me any sources besides a date a CSA went RFS and an irrelevant wiki that shows failed infrastructure attempts due to ACCC disagreements.

56 minutes ago, JAKEBAB said:

I did read it but it doesn't seem like you did because "Telstra dropped plans for the new network on 7 August 2006, after reaching an impasse in negotiations with the ACCC.".

Yes it's illegal if the ACCC rejects it but nowhere does it say they can never make up a new proposal.

I've read there policy and i know the 30% is all from Labor please don't give such a scum government credit for Labor's work. You also haven't shown me any sources besides a date a CSA went RFS and an irrelevant wiki that shows failed infrastructure attempts due to ACCC disagreements.

The G9 Consortium which included Optus did make up a new proposal after that, which was also rejected.

The 30% isn't all from Labor =\ they had only completed less than 20% by the 2013 election. Which was only about a year behind schedule. I have shown sources, that irrelevant wiki page has sources, if you don't know how to use wikipedia by now I have no idea how you're going to make it in this world. 

The reason that RFS date is relevant is because the Coalition cancelled all of Labors contracts, that date indicates it was started after the Coalition implemented their policy.

30 Sep 2016  Build Commenced

04 Mar 2017  RFS

:L

EDIT: Heres the alternative to me linking the wiki page with all the sources, I do what you should know how to do and do this.

http://www.smh.com.au//national/g9-telcos-release-aussie-broadband-plan-20070420-8pe.html

http://www.smh.com.au/business/regulator-rejects-g9-plan-for-a-broadband-network-20071217-1hmr.html (Dead link now, old AF)

http://www.zdnet.com.au/telstra-to-slash-tech-costs-under-review-139222399.htm

http://www.theage.com.au/news/business/telstra-dives-as-10bn-plans-unveiled/2005/11/15/1132016797364.html

http://www.zdnet.com.au/telstra-says-fibre-to-the-node-plans-on-hold-139228866.htm

http://www.zdnet.com.au/clock-ticks-on-telstra-operational-separation-139227709.htm

http://www.zdnet.com.au/telstra-fibre-talks-break-down-139265692.htm

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-national/telstra-broadband-plan-an-illusion-accc-20110615-1g3di.html

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I'm just concerned about how @PerfectTemplar is a Greens supporter :o:o

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

3 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

I'm just concerned about how @PerfectTemplar is a Greens supporter :o:o

Lol, well I believe in tax payer funded public health care that includes Dental for over 18s, cheap and accessible education, higher standard of living, higher wages/ much higher minimum salary, better welfare benefits for disadvantaged, better infrastructure including free fibre for all, more investment in software development including games development (greens policy), better climate change policy, I could go on and on. All of this can be paid for by the rich. A lot of people dismiss Greens policy as a joke, it's actually not lmao.

EDIT: Also wanted to say, the Greens propose no increase to taxes on the average person. People earning over $200,000 AUD per year should have their medicare levy increased, the tax system needs to be improved to avoid loopholes and companies like Google need to be paying the billions they owe instead of sending profits offshore to avoid it.

23 minutes ago, PerfectTemplar said:

The G9 Consortium which included Optus did make up a new proposal after that, which was also rejected.

The 30% isn't all from Labor =\ they had only completed less than 20% by the 2013 election. Which was only about a year behind schedule. I have shown sources, that irrelevant wiki page has sources, if you don't know how to use wikipedia by now I have no idea how you're going to make it in this world. 

The reason that RFS date is relevant is because the Coalition cancelled all of Labors contracts, that date indicates it was started after the Coalition implemented their policy.

30 Sep 2016  Build Commenced

04 Mar 2017  RFS

:L

EDIT: Heres the alternative to me linking the wiki page with all the sources, I do what you should know how to do and do this.

http://www.smh.com.au//national/g9-telcos-release-aussie-broadband-plan-20070420-8pe.html

http://www.smh.com.au/business/regulator-rejects-g9-plan-for-a-broadband-network-20071217-1hmr.html (Dead link now, old AF)

http://www.zdnet.com.au/telstra-to-slash-tech-costs-under-review-139222399.htm

http://www.theage.com.au/news/business/telstra-dives-as-10bn-plans-unveiled/2005/11/15/1132016797364.html

http://www.zdnet.com.au/telstra-says-fibre-to-the-node-plans-on-hold-139228866.htm

http://www.zdnet.com.au/clock-ticks-on-telstra-operational-separation-139227709.htm

http://www.zdnet.com.au/telstra-fibre-talks-break-down-139265692.htm

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-national/telstra-broadband-plan-an-illusion-accc-20110615-1g3di.html

Omg still doesn't make it illegal.

My area and a bunch of other areas say the same thing!!! My area was in build prep before the election then the election happened and i was off then put back on doesn't mean it was Liberals contracts!!!! I never said Liberals didn't carry out fiber contracts but they never made them themselves this is all labors doing.

You just posted a bunch of irrelevant rejections again but i will thank you for this:

" Telco giant Telstra last year dumped a plan to build its own $4 billion so-called fibre-to-the-node network after a stand-off with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) over the price it could charge rivals to access the technology. "

By saying it's flat out illegal for a company to upgrade it's network, is like telling a person it's illegal to drive a car without telling them it is actually legal if they take and pass a drivers test.

37 minutes ago, PerfectTemplar said:

Lol, well I believe in tax payer funded public health care that includes Dental for over 18s, cheap and accessible education, higher standard of living, higher wages/ much higher minimum salary, better welfare benefits for disadvantaged, better infrastructure including free fibre for all, more investment in software development including games development (greens policy), better climate change policy, I could go on and on. All of this can be paid for by the rich. A lot of people dismiss Greens policy as a joke, it's actually not lmao.

EDIT: Also wanted to say, the Greens propose no increase to taxes on the average person. People earning over $200,000 AUD per year should have their medicare levy increased, the tax system needs to be improved to avoid loopholes and companies like Google need to be paying the billions they owe instead of sending profits offshore to avoid it.

Mhmm. The Greens Is bullshit. I can't vote but I know that my mum Won't vote for One nation, Greens, Labour or Liberal.

tbh i'd vote for labour or one nation.

Lastnight a re-run of the project came on, Our BRILLIANT (being sarcastic) Prime minister was on it, he started spouting shit. my mum starting saying that she would vote for the stuff i listed above, with the greens saying they wanna tax everything.

" Universal health care, sometimes referred to as universal health coverage, universal coverage, or universal care, usually refers to a health care system which provides health care and financial protection to all citizens of a particular country. " It sounds good as it is.

on their page, " The Greens have put a costed plan on the table to raise billions of dollars in revenue " By what... Taxing everyone? lmfao

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

2 hours ago, Rika Shiguma said:

Mhmm. The Greens Is bullshit. I can't vote but I know that my mum Won't vote for One nation, Greens, Labour or Liberal.

tbh i'd vote for labour or one nation.

Lastnight a re-run of the project came on, Our BRILLIANT (being sarcastic) Prime minister was on it, he started spouting shit. my mum starting saying that she would vote for the stuff i listed above, with the greens saying they wanna tax everything.

" Universal health care, sometimes referred to as universal health coverage, universal coverage, or universal care, usually refers to a health care system which provides health care and financial protection to all citizens of a particular country. " It sounds good as it is.

on their page, " The Greens have put a costed plan on the table to raise billions of dollars in revenue " By what... Taxing everyone? lmfao

Your mother doesn't understand much, neither do you. Once you grow up maybe you'll see your parents don't know everything.

The greens plan to raise billions is to make multi billion dollar corporations pay company tax in Australia. Which they currently don't. This is a plan supported by all parties so you're out of luck there.

One Nation by the way are a bunch of actual fucking morons who are racist pieces of shit. BTW their policy is for everyone to use WIRELESS internet. 

2 minutes ago, PerfectTemplar said:

Your mother doesn't understand much, neither do you. Once you grow up maybe you'll see your parents don't know everything.

The greens plan to raise billions is to make multi billion dollar corporations pay company tax in Australia. Which they currently don't. This is a plan supported by all parties so you're out of luck there.

One Nation by the way are a bunch of actual fucking morons who are racist pieces of shit. BTW their policy is for everyone to use WIRELESS internet. 

"grow up" k lol

"out of luck there" okay.

"fucking morons" "racist pieces of shit" "wireless internet"

the wireless internet, they can get fucked on. "fucking morons" eh. kinda "racist pieces of shit" *insert ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT SEEKING MISSILE TONY ABBOTT MEME* Which you don't even really bring up, the fact that our current pm is still enforcing the whole "You come to our borders wantin' to land/fish? na man u can fuck off u dirty indonesian."

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)