1080 crashing games at full load

Dalynx

My gtx 1080 used to OC well at 2075, now it commonly freezes and crashes at that MHz, could it be my sucky power supply or is it an rma. I've updated the drivers and done a fresh install 

(It hits 100% usage and just goes nope ?)Down bellow is the link to my power supply 

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/700w-cooler-master-b700-ver2-80plus-single-rail-1x120mm-quiet-fan-with-speed-control-85-eff-atx-psu?utm_source=google shopping&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKEAiAi-_FBRCZyPm_14CjoyASJAClUigObKlBsknJYFMXC52e4oEHwsF51F1wJNav9Il1aL87wxoCjWDw_wcB

4 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

My gtx 1080 used to OC well at 2075, now it commonly freezes and crashes at that MHz, could it be my sucky power supply or is it an rma. I've updated the drivers and done a fresh install 

(It hits 100% usage and just goes nope ?)

What's your power supply and other specs? And in what applications does it freeze it?

What PSU? Why do you suspect that's the cause?

It definitely shouldn't give up at 100% load and I would first try to remove my overclock completely and then push it to 100% load again to see if it's stable.

If it is your OC is unstable and you should lower the clocks.

Hi,

please specify your PSU wattage and age, as well as other specs.

Try running the GPU at stock and lower clock speed to see if the issue persists

Make sure the power connectors are plugged in all the way (on both ends if you have a modular PSU)

Make sure the graphics card is plugged in correctly to the PCIe slot.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

4 minutes ago, fuzz0r said:

What PSU? Why do you suspect that's the cause?

It definitely shouldn't give up at 100% load and I would first try to remove my overclock completely and then push it to 100% load again to see if it's stable.

If it is your OC is unstable and you should lower the clocks.

The oc should be completely fine as it was before . Like why would it randomly decide those clocks are too high after like a month of being oc'd to that :/ and the power supply is a cooler master 700w , I don't know it's exact name,and I can't get it to push 100% when not over clocked :(

6 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

What's your power supply and other specs? And in what applications does it freeze it?

It freezes in most games at 100%

and it says my specs on my profile :D

2 minutes ago, vojta.pokorny said:

Hi,

please specify your PSU wattage and age, as well as other specs.

Try running the GPU at stock and lower clock speed to see if the issue persists

Make sure the power connectors are plugged in all the way (on both ends if you have a modular PSU)

Make sure the graphics card is plugged in correctly to the PCIe slot.

The connectors are fine and it's well seated , at stock clocks it can't hit 100% usage :/ and the power supply is very young at 5 months and it's a cooler master 700w B version 2 (I think)

2 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

It freezes in most games at 100%

and it says my specs on my profile :D

"I7 6700K (Stock cooled)"... that processor doesn't come with a stock cooler :D

2 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

the power supply is very young at 5 months and it's a cooler master 700w B version 2 (I think)

That should be more than enough power for what you have.

5 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

The oc should be completely fine as it was before . Like why would it randomly decide those clocks are too high after like a month of being oc'd to that

I'd suggest running stock or lower OC speeds nonetheless if you haven't already.

Perhaps try to contact the manufacturer and consult with them if you should RMA or if it's something else.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

1 minute ago, vojta.pokorny said:

"I7 6700K (Stock cooled)"... that processor doesn't come with a stock cooler :D

That should be more than enough power for what you have.

I'd suggest running stock or lower OC speeds nonetheless if you haven't already.

Perhaps try to contact the manufacturer and consult with them if you should RMA or if it's something else.

It came with a 6700 cooler on it lol and I know this sounds petty, but I don't wanna lower the OC because it happily hit it before, like it changed for no reason and that's not right, it's like buying a keyboard or something and then finding out it has a dead key or something like after just a few months , you'd likely return it for being fucked, ya know :/ 

37 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

(It hits 100% usage and just goes nope ?)Down bellow is the link to my power supply 

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/700w-cooler-master-b700-ver2-80plus-single-rail-1x120mm-quiet-fan-with-speed-control-85-eff-atx-psu?utm_source=google shopping&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKEAiAi-_FBRCZyPm_14CjoyASJAClUigObKlBsknJYFMXC52e4oEHwsF51F1wJNav9Il1aL87wxoCjWDw_wcB

As far as I'm aware overlocking isn't guaranteed by manufacturers so it won't be a acceptable reason to RMA it.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

9 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

As far as I'm aware overlocking isn't guaranteed by manufacturers so it won't be a acceptable reason to RMA it.

This card has had a number of issues in the past haha ? I was offered a chance for rma checking but if it turned out it wasn't my card then I'd be fucked/ they wanted me to pay for postage(£20), oh sorry huge billion dollar company how dare I bother you xD 

8 hours ago, Dalynx said:

Is this behaviour being seen in the same games as you used the OC in before? 

4 hours ago, Morgan Everett said:

Is this behaviour being seen in the same games as you used the OC in before? 

yep