Recently bought from Indiegala? You might be subscribed to G2A's Shield

So apparently Indiegala shortly switched to G2A as a payment service provider. In that agreement, G2A's Shield subscription was to be off as standard, which it was at the beginning. However, G2A went full shady and activated it, making you a subscriber of Shield service, without any knowledge (or accept). Worse even is that this 30 day "trial" can only be unsubscribed 2 days before it runs out, or it will continue as a subscription (1€ per month).

As you may all know, we experimented with G2A Pay since earlier this year and it is now over 24 hours ago that it has been removed as a credit card processor from IndieGala. An agreement we made with G2A solely for the benefit of our users was violated and we took immediate action to prevent anybody from becoming affected.

As a result, Indiegala has disabled all G2A payment services on their site and reverted to their old payment provider. So any buys now, will not have that issue.

Here is a nice guide to unsubscribing:

http://imgur.com/a/m66DA

Yeah, that's 11 steps to unsubscribe. It's shady AF!

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/5x5rny/psa_check_your_email_to_see_if_you_were_signed_up/degd19e/?context=3

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I don't understand why G2A is still a thing, unless they're based in a country that doesn't do anything about this crap.

8 minutes ago, Notional said:

Yeah, that's 11 steps to unsubscribe. It's shady AF!

Not only is this /r/assholedesign material, this should be a red flag for anyone who still uses G2A.

jesus christ, it's easier to cancel your SKY TV package than that.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I don't understand why G2A is still a thing, unless they're based in a country that doesn't do anything about this crap.

Not only is this /r/assholedesign material, this should be a red flag for anyone who still uses G2A.

Iirc they are based in china. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

IT. IS. HELL. UNSUBSCRIBING FROM THEM! I feel really bad for anyone who does.

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

Mmm for me they are automatically unsubscribed at the end of the period. Perhaps because of my country's laws and Paypal fiddling with it.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Reminds me of ryanair. At first you could check in for the flight 2 weeks prior, later 1 week and now 3 days before the flight... It's all for the mulla

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM