I have a lenovo G570 laptop and im wondering if i can change my i3 processor to a i5 processor

Go to solution Solved by aisle9,
3 minutes ago, WorlofDead said:

ive been thinking of switching my processor for a while now but i havent been able to because i dont know if its possible cuz i dont wanna damage anything

Depends on the i3. If your CPU's SKU ends in an M, it's not soldered to the motherboard and can be replaced. The questions you face then become whether the laptop's cooling system and power brick can handle the i5, and if it's even worth hunting down an old 2410M and risking damage to your motherboard while figuring out how to replace it.

It's probably not worth the headaches, and the performance gain you'd realize going from a mobile i3 to a mobile i5 isn't as great as you'd think.

ive been thinking of switching my processor for a while now but i havent been able to because i dont know if its possible cuz i dont wanna damage anything

3 minutes ago, WorlofDead said:

Depends on the i3. If your CPU's SKU ends in an M, it's not soldered to the motherboard and can be replaced. The questions you face then become whether the laptop's cooling system and power brick can handle the i5, and if it's even worth hunting down an old 2410M and risking damage to your motherboard while figuring out how to replace it.

It's probably not worth the headaches, and the performance gain you'd realize going from a mobile i3 to a mobile i5 isn't as great as you'd think.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I have a laptop with an i5 in it, and i have a laptop with an i3 in it.

trust me.

stick with the i3