I Downloaded Hamachi... Now I Need Help

TLDR: How do i delete my IP address from a server? (and deleting the device in your account on the web page does not fix it).

As you see by the title, i have downloaded that one app that is supposed to help you connect to your buddies in games. I personally did this to help connect of a game called Rainbow 6: Siege (if this even helps). And when doing so, i was simply doing it because my group said to since we could not connect. Now usually i dont bother downloading weird stuff like this but somehow i did, and now this group has my IP address (which they claim they are not bad, but i still want it gone). Im no network administrator, but im pretty sure when someone has your IP address, its usually a bad thing. Now that i have seen it reveals your IP so freely, i want to get it off the groups server ASAP, but sadly google does not help and now im here.

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

9 minutes ago, Made In Canada said:

TLDR: How do i delete my IP address from a server? (and deleting the device in your account on the web page does not fix it).

As you see by the title, i have downloaded that one app that is supposed to help you connect to your buddies in games. I personally did this to help connect of a game called Rainbow 6: Siege (if this even helps). And when doing so, i was simply doing it because my group said to since we could not connect. Now usually i dont bother downloading weird stuff like this but somehow i did, and now this group has my IP address (which they claim they are not bad, but i still want it gone). Im no network administrator, but im pretty sure when someone has your IP address, its usually a bad thing. Now that i have seen it reveals your IP so freely, i want to get it off the groups server ASAP, but sadly google does not help and now im here.

With Hamachi it opens a port that makes it so that other users in your group can act as if they're on network- however if you left the group and uninstalled the program than it's as if they signed off of your wifi. If they have your public IP address you can contact your ISP and ask them to change it.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

hamachi gives them a hamachi ip address not your actual one so you don't have to worry a also them having your ip address is fine as long as you don't have ports open to things with security vulnerabilities the worse they can do is ddos you