Optimal build for WoW, WoT, and Overwatch?

Hey there, I'm wondering what I should upgrade to play games on max graphics at 1080p. The games I play are Vanilla World of Warcraft (low demanding), World of Tanks and Overwatch. I can already run World of Tanks at medium on the non-HD client and can play WoW comfortably at max. My rig consists of an Asus gtx 650 ti boost graphics card, an AMD FX-8320 CPU, 8 GB of DDR3-1333 RAM, a Samsung 850 pro SSD, an Asus M5A97 R2.0 motherboard, and a 650W psu, I have a corsair RM750x psu and a 1200W as well. I want to know if there are any easy upgrades I can make to play World of Tanks and Overwatch at max graphics, 1080p and know if I'll have any bottlenecks from any parts of my current build. I was thinking of buying an AMD RX 480, because of the great price in canada right now, and gpu to keep this build AMD, but am open to any suggestions. Thanks, I'll be happy to hear input on this.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

upgrade gpu, and wait for ryzen.

What do you recommend for a GPU upgrade? and will I have any bottlenecks?

Considering you want to play light games, you can probably stick to Polaris/mid end Pascal cards and not go for Vega, since those are the upper tier AMD cards. You can probably keep your main system with your AMD system, but you should look into an upgrade if you have a chance. An i5 is a solid start.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

@Ryathor RX480 seems like a good card for 1080 gaming. For the rest of your build, I would say wait for Ryzen.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

4 minutes ago, Ryathor said:

There is no need to shell out a few hundred dollars for a mobo and cpu/ram at your position

An 8320 isn't as shit as everyone appears it to be, yes it will bottleneck but for your types of games a 8320 and a 480 will do just fine.

2 minutes ago, Ryathor said:

Since you have a GTX 650 Ti, an upgrade he means is like your idea, an RX 480. Just basically any significant upgrade over the 650 Ti, but not go overboard

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

2 minutes ago, Ryathor said:

You will. OW will unfortunately

FX is being held back by any intel i5/i7. Can't speak for WoW though

CPU_01.png

3 minutes ago, Ryathor said:

Probably for your needs, a RX 480 4GB and a i3 7100. If you don't want to wait for Ryzen that is. Or you can wait for Ryzen and get a RX 480 then, it's 7 days till we hear a announcement.

The geek himself.

With an actual date for when we will hear something and it being so close I agree with waiting for Ryzen

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Probably for your needs, a RX 480 4GB and a i3 7100. If you don't want to wait for Ryzen that is. Or you can wait for Ryzen and get a RX 480 then, it's 7 days till we hear a announcement.

where is the love for the Pentium G4560?

1 minute ago, Apollo Refugio said:

where is the love for the Pentium G4560?

well since I upgraded to a i3 7100, IM IN LOVE.

The geek himself.

An RX 480 will do nicely for high-settings 1080p gaming, and can comfortably max Overwatch with high framerates. As for upgrading the CPU, wait for Ryzen and see what the value is like there first. Otherwise, something like an i5-7400 or i5-7500 will do perfectly fine. But still, wait for Ryzen!

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

3 minutes ago, Apollo Refugio said:

Considering you want to play light games, you can probably stick to Polaris/mid end Pascal cards and not go for Vega, since those are the upper tier AMD cards. You can probably keep your main system with your AMD system, but you should look into an upgrade if you have a chance. An i5 is a solid start.

2 minutes ago, VolkA said:

@Ryathor RX480 seems like a good card for 1080 gaming. For the rest of your build, I would say wait for Ryzen.

Yes I plan on getting one of the 8 core ryzen's and an am4 mobo, and ram upgrade for this AMD build when it comes out. I have an intel build started and plan on buying an i5-7500 with corresponding z270 mobo. I would buy an h270 mobo but 3200mhz ram I've bought is only supported on z270 mobo's. Also I plan on buying a gtx 1060 or 1070 for that intel build.

1 minute ago, Ryathor said:

Yes I plan on getting one of the 8 core ryzen's and an am4 mobo, and ram upgrade for this AMD build when it comes out. I have an intel build started and plan on buying an i5-7500 with corresponding z270 mobo. I would buy an h270 mobo but 3200mhz ram I've bought is only supported on z270 mobo's. Also I plan on buying a gtx 1060 or 1070 for that intel build.

do not go for a z270 build with a stock i5. save your money and just get a b250. also you don't need 3200 MHz RAM, you will not likely recognize the speed increase. The GTX 1060 or 1070 is up to you, depending on how long you want the system to last.

2 minutes ago, Apollo Refugio said:

do not go for a z270 build with a stock i5. save your money and just get a b250. also you don't need 3200 MHz RAM, you will not likely recognize the speed increase. The GTX 1060 or 1070 is up to you, depending on how long you want the system to last.

I would but get a b270 mobo but I already bought the 3200 ram for $250 which is now $350, and only the z270's support 3200, so I can't waste that much money and not use the ram.

3 minutes ago, Ryathor said:

I would but get a b270 mobo but I already bought the 3200 ram for $250 which is now $350, and only the z270's support 3200, so I can't waste that much money and not use the ram.

You don't need to get a Z270 mobo. The ram will automatically clock down to the maximum speed of the motherboard if the ram stick's speed exceeds the maximum of the motherboard. Also your grammar has me confused, like did you buy RAM for $250? I'm confused lol

3 minutes ago, Apollo Refugio said:

You don't need to get a Z270 mobo. The ram will automatically clock down to the maximum speed of the motherboard if the ram stick's speed exceeds the maximum of the motherboard. Also your grammar has me confused, like did you buy RAM for $250? I'm confused lol

Yes, I bought the ram already for $250, which is now priced at $350, so it was a decent deal. I'm really not worried about the small price difference in motherboards.

1 minute ago, Ryathor said:

Yes, I bought the ram already for $250, which is now priced at $350, so it was a decent deal. I'm really not worried about the small price difference in motherboards.

what series ram and brand, and what capacity?