Awful ZOTAC GTX 1060 Quality

SkylakeAlex6700k

I bought a Zotac GTX 1060 AMP edition from Microcenter on December 2nd i believe, About a week ago the fan shroud ( I think that's what it's called) fell off, upon further inspection it looks like the things that the screws screw into broke off on all 4 corners. Here are some pics, iv'e been using an old graphics card from like a dell of 2005 so, also my 6800K 6  core doesn't have on board graphics so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_4068.JPG

IMG_4069.JPG

IMG_4070.JPG

IMG_4071.JPG

The card should still be under warranty, maybe ring up zotac or the place where you bought it from, just out of curiosity, what was the reason you chose a 6800k and a gtx 1060, do you do a lot of rendering?

1 minute ago, chris76816 said:

The card should still be under warranty, maybe ring up zotac or the place where you bought it from, just out of curiosity, what was the reason you chose a 6800k and a gtx 1060, do you do a lot of rendering?

Yeah, I do gaming and rendering, but the most demanding game i play is Forza Horizon 3 and i play at 60fps lock, vsync on, high settings so its fine.

3 minutes ago, chris76816 said:

The problem is that i lost my proof of purchase (receipt) So I contacted Zotac and they wanted a picture of the proof of purchase so i sent them this, they moved me on to the shipping it to them stage but said without proof of purchase they will not accept it. Here is what i sent them and they (accepted). I'm just worried that it would get turned down when they receive it. Here is what I sent them, would this work? 

GPURMA.jpg

2 minutes ago, SkylakeAlex6700k said:

The problem is that i lost my proof of purchase (receipt) So I contacted Zotac and they wanted a picture of the proof of purchase so i sent them this, they moved me on to the shipping it to them stage but said without proof of purchase they will not accept it. Here is what i sent them and they (accepted). I'm just worried that it would get turned down when they receive it. Here is what I sent them, would this work? 

GPURMA.jpg

Did you pay using credit/debit? Records could be there?

1 minute ago, stationvsbox said:

Did you pay using credit/debit? Records could be there?

Unfortunately I payed cash.

1 minute ago, rrubberr said:

There's some kind of plastic-melting glue that hobbyists use that would reattach it for while at least.

that's a good idea, do you think i could hot glue it for a while?

oh yeah, i did remember one of our locals' GTX 1070/1060 mini/amp having the exact same issue as yours. the distributor was at a loss for words :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

oh yeah, i did remember one of our locals' GTX 1070/1060 mini/amp having the exact same issue as yours. the distributor was at a loss for words :P

Yeah, what's funny is i could have gone with the strix by asus, but went with zotac for better service.

3 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

Sure thing, but plastic and heat don't go well for hot glue.

what about a drop of epoxy or superglue?

6 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

If your going to be sending it away for warranty i wouldn't suggest you try gluing it back on, if they want to be dicks they could say that you modified the card and reject your warranty claim.  Not worth it in my opinion.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

9 minutes ago, SkylakeAlex6700k said:

Just checked online, the broken zotac shroud i told you about was the same gtx 1060 amp as yours with the exact same issue. 

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/wtf-zotac-1060-6gb-amp-edition-5520340.html 

Maybe rma the zotac and sell it off once it comes back for a different brand?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

Just checked online, the broken zotac shroud i told you about was the same gtx 1060 amp as yours with the exact same issue. 

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/wtf-zotac-1060-6gb-amp-edition-5520340.html 

Maybe rma the zotac and sell it off once it comes back for a different brand?

that's a good idea. Ill send it to them, and if they fix it i'll sell it on ebay or something, and get a Strix, i have an x99 strix so they would play nice with the led's and all.

8 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

I thought the glue was in case they rejected it, in this case you're right.

you are correct.