Fractal Design R4 Fan Controller

Hi, this is my first full pc build and I have a Fractal Design R4. The fan controller has 3 pan connectors, a molex connector, and whatever the hell this is. I tried turning it on without this plugged in because I have no clue where it goes and obviously the fans didn't spin. Anyone know where it goes? (It's not a sata power, I tried that.)

16900175_1342072615879332_1354478537_n.jpg

Well, I can't take my sidepanel off to check for sure, and google doesn't show R4 having any connector like that. Does it have some label? Have you verified that it connects to controller? Also if you could take another pic, that one is bit blurry. If I would guess, it looks like 3x3pin fan connectors stuck together.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It might be the front panel end of the fan controller. Check the area inside the case underneath the front i/o.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

It might be the front panel end of the fan controller. Check the area inside the case underneath the front i/o.

I looked some pics from google, doesn't seem like there would be extra connector on PCB side of controller. But it could be that there are several iterations of that controller. I'll check later today if I have something similar.

Forgot about why fans aren't spinning. Some fans don't start to spin unless they get full 12V. So if you have set controller for 5V, they won't spin.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Oh, sorry guys, I've been an idiot. It was the connector for the actual switch on the front panel. I presumed it wouldn't have become undone, must have been when I popped the front off to fit fans.

2 hours ago, Charlie Cullen said:

Oh, sorry guys, I've been an idiot. It was the connector for the actual switch on the front panel. I presumed it wouldn't have become undone, must have been when I popped the front off to fit fans.

No worries. Mine needed some dusting anyway. Plus pic from inside. @WoodenMarker, you were right on this one (fixed tag).

Edited by LoGiCalDrm
Fixed tag

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv