Pure Rock standard paste or Arctic Silver 5?

Andzon

I heard Arctic Silver makes great thermal paste, however the Be Quiet! Pure Rock comes with thermal paste already applied. My question then is, should I go with the one that comes with, or remove it and apply AS5? I will be cooling an i7700k.

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

Just keep AS5 for when you repaste it, the stock paste is fine. 

Thanks! But when would I have to repaste it? My current CPU I've had for 3 years and never had to re-paste. That's an i7-4790.

2 minutes ago, Andzon said:

Thanks! But when would I have to repaste it? My current CPU I've had for 3 years and never had to re-paste. That's an i7-4790.

Well, I repaste every three years and clean heatsinks every 6 months. I've repasted my H100i with some AS5 and I saw a small temp decrease. Also why upgrade from Devil's Canyon?

idk

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Well, I repaste every three years and clean heatsinks every 6 months. I've repasted my H100i with some AS5 and I saw a small temp decrease. Also why upgrade from Devil's Canyon?

I already bought a new motherboard and i need a 1151 chipset, also got 16gb DDR4 RAM waiting which my current MB can't handle. Higher clock speeds will be good as well. I'm a noobie so I learned the hard way that my current 1150 didn't fit my new motherboard..

Luckily I'll build my gf a PC so she can still have use for the 4790 and whatever else I have.

13 hours ago, Droidbot said:

The 4790 is actually Haswell-refresh. The only Devil's Canyon cpus are the 4790k and 4690k. 

There's no need to repaste if your temps are fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.