Who here owns a GSKill KM780?

Richtofen_

I'm just curious to see if anyone here owns one of these.

Spoiler

. Image result for g skill km780

For my use, it is a fantastic keyboard. The one I own has Brown switches. I actually ordered Blue switches, but I used the keyboard and it actually felt fantastic with brown switches.

GSkill needs to make a second one though. One that's modular so you can remove the gamer look on the sides, and they NEED to fix the space bar. The space bar feels SO cheap to me.

the sky is up

I have the exact same keyboard as you, I absolutely love it. But I do not understand what you mean by the space bar? It has the exact same actuation force as all the other keys...

Honestly I would not consider any other keyboard an upgrade from this one.

Edit: Also the bar around the keyboard is my favorite feature as it makes it strong as a tank. There is absolutely no flexing/bending this keyboard.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

I have the exact same keyboard as you, I absolutely love it. But I do not understand what you mean by the space bar? It has the exact same actuation force as all the other keys...

Honestly I would not consider any other keyboard an upgrade from this one.

It may have been my keyboard I ordered, but the space bar to me just feels flimsy and cheap. Its not the actuation force, its the sound of the space bar.

I wouldn't upgrade either. This is such an overlooked keyboard that needs to get more recognition.

the sky is up

I think you are looking for this 

Almost the same but without the gamer-y outline

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823828007&cm_re=km570-_-23-828-007-_-Product

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

2 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823828007&cm_re=km570-_-23-828-007-_-Product

Eh, but it doesn't have all the cool features the KM780 has like a volume scroll wheel, dedicated media keys, different profiles for your RGB lighting and macros, and etc. I don't care for the gamery look as much, but for the average consumer, I think they should be modular since their font is so simplified also. 

the sky is up

2 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

No what makes this keyboard so great is the ability to clean it. The keys aren't in the common bowl design, they are up top of a flat brushed aluminum plate. 

3 minutes ago, Richtofen The Hyena said:

It may have been my keyboard I ordered, but the space bar to me just feels flimsy and cheap. Its not the actuation force, its the sound of the space bar.

I wouldn't upgrade either. This is such an overlooked keyboard that needs to get more recognition.

Okay I see what you mean, the noise is different when hitting it fast like testing it. I have never noticed it because when I type I barely press the keys. I don't bottom out. But when I like "slam" the space bar it does make a different/plasticier noise then the rest of the keys. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

5 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

No what makes this keyboard so great is the ability to clean it. The keys aren't in the common bowl design, they are up top of a flat brushed aluminum plate. 

9 minutes ago, Richtofen The Hyena said:

Corsair's K-series and Strafe also are very easy to clean.

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 minute ago, Shiv78 said:

Corsair's K-series and Strafe also are very easy to clean.

Corsair is overpriced because they price them so high but they don't have a ton of features compared to how much the KM780 has.

the sky is up

2 hours ago, Richtofen The Hyena said:

Corsair is overpriced because they price them so high but they don't have a ton of features compared to how much the KM780 has.

However, Corsair has been making keyboards a lot longer than G.skill. Not saying they are bad, but Corsair keyboards overall have the best featureset and looks (IMO) of any mech KBs.

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN: