AIO Liquid cooler or air?

ThroneSmasher

hi guys i just wanted to know if i can get a new aio to replace my refurbished h90 liquid cooler in my s340 elite case for better temperatures at 5ghz since i can absolutely can play games no problem but when i try to stress test all cores n threads at 100 percent it reaches 90c and this is with msi kombustor cpu stress test and since i have a warning for when i reach 90c everytime it reaches that i hear the warning beep from my pc and i instantly stop the stress test and with summer comming soon im in the unites states west coast it gets pretty hot my concern is i wanted to stream my games and record soon but idk if it will be a problem if streaming+ gaming will stress my cpu to those temperatures as much as the stress test which is not even aida 64 , i also looked in youtube and found a video of some aios with the 7700k

i also do not want to delid and void my warranty for the cpu since this is my first i7 im hoping to keep it alive for a while but mm yeah i know plp say nzxt aios are good for cooling but i couldnt find any videos on it being paired with the 7700k at 5ghz so thats why i came here to ask for advice for myself who does not want to delid my cpu and just want something that cools better than my h90 currently, also air coolers wouldnt bother me either but idk if theres actually any that can keep this cpu cool. thanks in advance

Looking for what temps people get at 5ghz is mostly irrelevant since it takes different voltages for different people to reach 5ghz. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

i guess my 7700 k gets the job done at 1.36 just wanted some recommendation

Why not run at 4.8 as it will maybe make 1 extra frame at 5ghz.

And drop temps to a safe 70c and if not play the waiting as there going to be some failed CPU coming up in the next few years.

20 minutes ago, redtute said:

Why not run at 4.8 as it will maybe make 1 extra frame at 5ghz.

And drop temps to a safe 70c and if not play the waiting as there going to be some failed CPU coming up in the next few years.

yeah i tryed it with both at max fan rpm the thing is it only happens when i stress test the cpu not when gaming mm the thing is summer is comming up and were i live in the west coast of the usa it gets pretty toasty in the summer and ive been wanting to stream n game at the same time but idk if i should try it without upgrading the cooler

The only way keep temps is more cooling or lower clock speed and less volts.

i live north QLD in Austraila average summer temps 33/34c every day for 5 months of the year.

Im running a 6700k at 4.55ghz hottest temp 72c under stress test 240mm  EK Predator in the front of a Fractal Define S. I also run a fan in front of the psu forcing more fresh clean straight into the GPU.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:25 PM, ThroneSmasher said:

Im just lloking in between 115 from corsair or the x 62 kraken

Either would do the job.

Lowering your voltage or clock speed would be much cheaper but it's up to you how important getting to 5ghz is to you.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.