Enthusiast fixes problems Razer won't

I saw this guy's interview with Louis Rossman on YouTube and decided to interview him. I think it's great that he's fixing these defects on Razer's machines for basically pennies on the dollar that they charge.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Specializing-in-Razer-laptops-enthusiast-repairman-aims-to-fix-what-Razer-can-t.195612.0.html

I love how everybody praises the Razer Blade when it:

- breaks

- thermal throttles

- it's generally one of the least reliable machines in the high performance category

etc..

I'd rather have a 2nd gen Thinkpad and have an eGPU than a Razer Blade 14. At least the Thinkpad is reliable :D 

idk

5 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

- breaks

- thermal throttles

- it's generally one of the least reliable machines in the high performance category

etc..

I'd rather have a 2nd gen Thinkpad and have an eGPU than a Razer Blade 14. At least the Thinkpad is reliable :D 

to be honest they are a new company also remember they are cramming high performance hardware in a small body. 

Yeah, unfortunately, reviewers seldom do any kind of long term study. The reviews for the blade are fantastic, because everything about it looks great until after you have had it for an extended period of time, by which point the reviewers have already posted reviews and moved on.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

7 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

- breaks

- thermal throttles

etc..

Not to mention you can also repair them easily, as parts are everywhere :)

1 minute ago, Eason85 said:

Not to mention you can also repair them easily, as parts are everywhere :)

HP wanna charge me $200 for a top cover for my EliteBook, fuck that lmao.. at least batteries are cheap and I got some free from my school when they sent back their 2560ps.

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

to be honest they are a new company also remember they are cramming high performance hardware in a small body. 

Yeah, but this small stuff is just QC. I don't mind if it's a little thicker, just to fit a little more battery and a little more cooling and a better VRM. 

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

HP wanna charge me $200 for a top cover for my EliteBook, fuck that lmao.. at least batteries are cheap and I got some free from my school when they sent back their 2560ps.

Yeah, but this small stuff is just QC. I don't mind if it's a little thicker, just to fit a little more battery and a little more cooling and a better VRM. 

the customer they are appealing to wouldn't like that, especially with a flashy look. the reason i will never buy razer is the look i hate gamery look and support mixed with poor engineering choices. 

8 hours ago, Eason85 said:

I saw this guy's interview with Louis Rossman on YouTube and decided to interview him. I think it's great that he's fixing these defects on Razer's machines for basically pennies on the dollar that they charge.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Specializing-in-Razer-laptops-enthusiast-repairman-aims-to-fix-what-Razer-can-t.195612.0.html

Apple have tricked the consumer to think that the more aluminium, glass, lighter, slimmer and more unibody the laptop is the better build quality. When its more about aesthetics. It does't matter tho because noone buys a apple laptop to game where you load both the GPU and CPU. The razer blade however it will matter. They chose aesthetics over BUILD QUALITY. Simple as that. :P

22 minutes ago, Lillchillers said:

Apple have tricked the consumer to think that the more aluminium, glass, lighter, slimmer and more unibody the laptop is the better build quality. When its more about aesthetics. It does't matter tho because noone buys a apple laptop to game where you load both the GPU and CPU. The razer blade however it will matter. They chose aesthetics over BUILD QUALITY. Simple as that. :P

Whatever focus groups these companies are using need to be culled 

FCuW6GK.png

2 minutes ago, Eason85 said:

IKR. WHERE DO THEY GET THEIR FOCUS GROUPS LOL. The ones that can make shells can't implement hardware (AW has a really nice shell), the ones that can implement hardware can't make shells (Clevo & MSI looking at you here). 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

5 minutes ago, Eason85 said:

Yep. Why can't they just make a good simple shell? It shouldn't be too hard....

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

16 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Yep. Why can't they just make a good simple shell? It shouldn't be too hard....

DSC05930-930x620.jpg

BUT WHAT ABOUT SAMSUNG?

BUT WHAT ABOUT SAMSUNG?

I just puked a bit, that LED parallelogram is nasty.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I just puked a bit, that LED parallelogram is nasty.

God forbid one day I go to CES representing a formal media presence, because will I ask them with 110% seriousness: "So, what in actual fuck were you thinking?".

God forbid one day I go to CES representing a formal media presence, because will I ask them with 110% seriousness: "So, what in actual fuck were you thinking?".

oh please film it, I want to see their faces when you say that to them.