Help me pick a keyboard

kelvinhall05

I need help deciding between my first few keyboards. The things I am looking for is a full-size layout (I don't want to spend an hour remapping camera controls for 1 game), MX Browns, Razer Greens, or Romer-G switches, and backlighting isn't a must-have but I would only go with white, blue, or RGB. The choices I have picked out so far are the Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum, the G.Skill Ripjaws KM570, the Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro L, Corsair K70, and Corsair Strafe RGB. My budget is under 120 CAD, and I live in Canada. Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I need help deciding between my first few keyboards. The things I am looking for is a full-size layout (I don't want to spend an hour remapping camera controls for 1 game), MX Browns, Razer Greens, or Romer-G switches, and backlighting isn't a must-have but I would only go with white, blue, or RGB. The choices I have picked out so far are the Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum, the G.Skill Ripjaws KM570, the Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro L, Corsair K70, and Corsair Strafe RGB. My budget is under 120 CAD, and I live in Canada. Thanks!

look into the reddit forum for r/buildapcsales because those usually show good deals on keyboards and such, i got a mechanical keyboard for $65 and got a $40 MIR knocking down the price to $25 for an authentic cherry mx keyboard

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

13 minutes ago, Apollo Refugio said:

look into the reddit forum for r/buildapcsales because those usually show good deals on keyboards and such, i got a mechanical keyboard for $65 and got a $40 MIR knocking down the price to $25 for an authentic cherry mx keyboard

Thanks! Also, I've heard that the Logitech G710+ is very good, is that true?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Thanks! Also, I've heard that the Logitech G710+ is very good, is that true?

it's very good if you actually have a use for the macro keys. Personally i would get it, or the G710 if you prefer the blue switches. For office use, it seems like a solid steel. Also for $100-130, the only thing wrong with it is the brown accents and lack of RGB, but nobody cares about RGB while in office lol

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

I have had the G810 for about a year now. It's a great keyboard. Looks clean and professional, but has every need that I could want for gaming. The multimedia keys on this keyboard are the BEST. I could not live without them now (and I thought I would never use them at first). 1 things I don't like: the white looks a little blue to me, but that's it. The switches feel more solid than browns (but I am kinda a cave man typer, if you type lightly romer G (or browns for that matter) may not be for you). If you don't want the G810 in then end, then get one of the two corsair keyboards. NEVER get the Razer keyboards. on top of the fact that the switches are dreadful, two of my friends had them break on them (and I would not call them aggressive typers). G-skill is still new to the keyboard game, so I'm not sure about them, but I would not get it anyway becuase of how UGLY it is (look at the keyboard font, how disgusting).

Headphones:

Spoiler

Sony MDR V6 (DT 250 pads), restored 1987 AKG K240M 600ohm (Cosmos pads with dt250 filters), AKG K7XX, Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250 ohm, Bose Ae2 & Sony MDR v150. All off of a Bravo V2 shuguang tube, Little Dot mkII with GE JAN 5654 tubes, a CEntrance Dacport slim and a UCA222.

PC:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z170s
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix (white)
  • GPU
    Asus 1070 Strix OC
  • Case
    Phanteks P400
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 pro, Seagate barracuda 1tb
  • PSU
    Evga G1 650W (regret)
  • Display(s)
    Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1920x1080 60hz 5ms & ASUS PB277Q 27" 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Captain 240EX white
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G810
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 (switching to linux soon)

1 minute ago, Apollo Refugio said:

it's very good if you actually have a use for the macro keys. Personally i would get it, or the G710 if you prefer the blue switches. For office use, it seems like a solid steel. Also for $100-130, the only thing wrong with it is the brown accents and lack of RGB, but nobody cares about RGB while in office lol

I don't "do" office use (I'm only 11, LOL) and I would do Blue switches if they weren't so loud. I don't really care about macro keys, but I need volume control.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

The k70 LUX is great

But it's expensive, otherwise it would be my top pick.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

12 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

In the same price range as the others? (non-RGB)

I think so, but the red backlighting isn't my favorite...

EDIT: The non-RGB one isn't in my price range, but the non-RGB Strafe is.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

I will recommend a Corsair K70 100%. I have a STRAFE RGB, and I have used a K70 before, it is absolutely amazing. If you like clicky, loud, and satisfying keystrokes, I would recommend the mx blue variant, which is what I have.

CPU: i7-6700k                                                                                                                                                                      RAM: 16GB-DDR4

GPU: GTX 1050ti                                                                                                                                                            Headphones: ATH-M10

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB                                                                                                                    Recently Played: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013                                                                                                                         Currently Playing: Simulators

1 minute ago, Samtell said:

I will recommend a Corsair K70 100%. I have a STRAFE RGB, and I have used a K70 before, it is absolutely amazing. If you like clicky, loud, and satisfying keystrokes, I would recommend the mx blue variant, which is what I have.

Read my original post, more closely this time. Then go and read all the other comments. Come back when that is done.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

58 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I have the K70 LUX at home and the RGB strafe at the office, mainly because the K70 has the media scroll wheel that is more useful at home...  Having to use the function key to access the media keys on the Strafe is a bit of a downer, but otherwise it is a great board.

25 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

I have the K70 LUX at home and the RGB strafe at the office, mainly because the K70 has the media scroll wheel that is more useful at home...  Having to use the function key to access the media keys on the Strafe is a bit of a downer, but otherwise it is a great board.

he is only 11 yrs old, i'm pretty sure he doesn't have the money to get a 150+ keyboard 

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know why the KM570 is not that popular on Amazon? It only has 5 reviews. It's RGB and has cherry mx switches.