Acer Predator XB271HU, Good replacement for BenQ XL2430T?

Ninja_Commander

While I was I at Costco today, I was looking around their tech stuff and saw a ACER Predator pc there. Pretty cool to see there. Then I saw they have the XB271HU there as well.  Looking at the price of $650, I thought it might be cheaper elsewhere.  NOPE! Its the cheapest price, beating everyone else's prices.  I currently have a BenQ 2430T,  would this be worth it to get the ACER or stick with my BenQ?

Due note, I'm running a 980 Ti over DP to my BenQ.

CPU: 5900X   MOBO: MSI Tomahawk x570 
MEM: G.Skill 32gb (2 x 16gb) 3600
GPU: Asus tuf oc 3080

May add the other bits of my system later on

18 minutes ago, Ninja_Commander said:

While I was I at Costco today, I was looking around their tech stuff and saw a ACER Predator pc there. Pretty cool to see there. Then I saw they have the XB271HU there as well.  Looking at the price of $650, I thought it might be cheaper elsewhere.  NOPE! Its the cheapest price, beating everyone else's prices.  I currently have a BenQ 2430T,  would this be worth it to get the ACER or stick with my BenQ?

XB271HU  is one of the best 1440p 16:9 27 inch that you can get.

$650 is a good price, and 980TI should be able to drive it fine.

Once you go multi-monitor PC you never go back (but only game on one at a time).

Pretty much the same as my Asus, which I'm like Sooooooo glad I got, I upgraded from a 24 inch 1080P monitor on a 970 originally, before going 970 SLI and now 1080GTX, the high frame rates + gsync was worth the upgrade alone, not mentioning the IQ + increase in res

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

26 minutes ago, Ninja_Commander said:

I have the older XB270HU and it is a great screen i'm pleased with it, I don't think they changed a lot with the xb271hu just how it looks and the overclocking mode to 165hz

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

Pretty much the same as my Asus, which I'm like Sooooooo glad I got, I upgraded from a 24 inch 1080P monitor on a 970 originally, before going 970 SLI and now 1080GTX, the high frame rates + gsync was worth the upgrade alone, not mentioning the IQ + increase in res

how does a TN 1ms panel compare to a 5 ms IPS at those high refresh rates I've never had a high refresh TN so just interested that's Assuming your old 24" was 1ms and high refresh

10 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

how does a TN 1ms panel compare to a 5 ms IPS at those high refresh rates I've never had a high refresh TN so just interested that's Assuming your old 24" was 1ms and high refresh

The old Monitor was a HP IPS. The colours weren't quite as clear when I first unboxed, but once set up, the Asus was streets ahead

Heres a quick review of the TN vs the IPS Asus Swift Gsync

Theres very little between them

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

The old Monitor was a HP IPS. The colours weren't quite as clear when I first unboxed, but once set up, the Asus was streets ahead

yeah the color is different and better on IPS but according to a written review I found the TN one actually scored better in the SRGB test some how but not by much it's more the response time I wonder if there is any difference between 5ms and 1ms at 144hz as I plan on either going triple 1080p 1ms 180hz panels or single PG348Q 5ms 100hz in the near future lol :D

50 minutes ago, Ninja_Commander said:

xDxD that moment when you bought a LG 29UM55 for AUD$100

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

although watching this video side by side I would take ips and a bit more input lag over the tn just for those colors although I have an old HP TN next to my ips at the moment as a secondary screen and the colors aren't miles apart the hp is a bit more yellowish with whites but not much when looked at straight on but it has a glossy screen whereas the ips is matte maybe that has something to do with it

Wow, Ok. SO I will take the chance to get it, and seeing the difference will name alot to me. Only issue now is will I be able to play my games with a good speed using my 980 Ti?

IPS all the way.  I tried that TN panel and if you are not straight on, it looks like crap.  I ended up getting the XB271HU just over a year ago and love it!

After seeing the what IPS is like, yeah, Its alot better for me. But is it worth it to go from my BenQ XL2430T to the  XB271HU?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, just a quick update. It's now $600 at Costco.  Making this seem like a much better deal then I think.