FAH Chrome Client Down?

Is it just me or is everyone experiencing the same error when loading folding.stanford.edu/nacl?

005ee513086baaab60f296d03fd6d5eb.png

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

I wonder if they've been having issues lately... that would explain a lot ... 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, ShadySocks said:

I got the same error.

Great, thanks! I thought it was my isp again.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

For what it's worth, i am indeed getting

the same error. Not seeing much talk

about it though. 

1 minute ago, tobben said:

For what it's worth, i am indeed getting

the same error. Not seeing much talk

about it though. 

What if they got hacked ... imagine what a perfect tool this would be for distributing malicious code or at least hijacking the resources to work on doing something nefarious xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Possible maintenance? 

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

What if they got hacked ... imagine what a perfect tool this would be for distributing malicious code or at least hijacking the resources to work on doing something nefarious xD 

Interesting possibility.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well, hopefully that isn't the case, there

is indeed alot of potential there :S

6 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Possible maintenance? 

They usually do announcements though,

seems strange that they would pull the 

plug like this.

Looks like there is a small update on

twitter, nothing definite yet though.

10 hours ago, Geralt said:

Is it just me or is everyone experiencing the same error when loading folding.stanford.edu/nacl?

005ee513086baaab60f296d03fd6d5eb.png

I tried reinstalling but now I can't even start folding again.

I always use the desktop client, is the chrome client any better?

12 minutes ago, Deh said:

I always use the desktop client, is the chrome client any better?

Not really, mostly a smaller/lower workload

for laptops and such. I don't really use it

myself, no gpu support aswell, so only cpu. 

The web page still doesn't load for me so even though I use the desktop tool I'm not running right now.

4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The web page still doesn't load for me so even though I use the desktop tool I'm not running right now.

same here tried reinstalling it but now it looks so weird.

Untitled.png

Yeah I'm just gonna let it sit for a little bit.  No need to get all frustrated fighting it if there's clearly something wrong.

Yeah I'm just gonna let it sit for a little bit.  No need to get all frustrated fighting it if there's clearly something wrong.

Just sucks it's getting cold in my room.

4 minutes ago, Mark17 said:

Just sucks it's getting cold in my room.

Then close the window :P 

Then close the window :P 

I'm living with 4 other students I will never close my window I can only imagine the horrific smell.

1 hour ago, Mark17 said:

I'm living with 4 other students I will never close my window I can only imagine the horrific smell.

Hm, then one of these perhaps? http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/home-collections-ceramic-heater-0435877p.html#srp

It's like dual R9 295x2's and an FX 9590 but for a fraction the cost xD 

UPDATE: The web page now loads normally! Back to heating the room with science!

~~~SnapDragon~~~

40 minutes ago, Geralt said:

UPDATE: The web page now loads normally! Back to heating the room with science!

So it does!  Same :D 

So I'm having some problems.  GPU usage as not pinned at 100%, and my card temp is lower than it would be if it was pinned, so I know this is a valid reading.  Furthermore, the estimated PPD is currently well under what it should be.  Last time I saw all of these exact symptoms, it was due to a task that was using 100% of my CPU and choking out F@H, however, there is currently so such task... :/ any ideas?

@Ryan_Vickers Might be best to take it in 

a new thread, but what's the current load?

if it's fairly consistently above 90% it should 

be good.

It isn't stuck at 400ish mhz or something? 

might have had a driver crash. 

8 hours ago, tobben said:

@Ryan_Vickers Might be best to take it in 

a new thread, but what's the current load?

if it's fairly consistently above 90% it should 

be good.

It isn't stuck at 400ish mhz or something? 

might have had a driver crash. 

I just let it run over night and in the morning it had moved onto another WU and was running perfectly again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯