CPU upgrade AMD A8 6600k

Hi,

I currently have a gaming rig and am looking to upgrade the cpu in it i currently have an AMD A8 6600K on a gigabyte F2A58M-HD2 motherboard with an asus gtx 1060 and a be quiet 500w psu.

I'm looking to upgrade the motherboard and CPU to either intel or AMD but have no idea where to start.

I've also got an OEM windows 7 licence which i upgraded to windows 10 that is now tied to my cpu and i'd like to move this off my current HDD onto a different one to use as a spare machine

I have software installed on my current my machine i've lost the install disc's and keys for so i'd like to move the windows licence without losing this software if possible?

Thanks in advance for any help

3 minutes ago, Lord Lightning said:

Hi,

I currently have a gaming rig and am looking to upgrade the cpu in it i currently have an AMD A8 6600K on a gigabyte F2A58M-HD2 motherboard with an asus gtx 1060 and a be quiet 500w psu.

I'm looking to upgrade the motherboard and CPU to either intel or AMD but have no idea where to start.

I've also got an OEM windows 7 licence which i upgraded to windows 10 that is now tied to my cpu and i'd like to move this off my current HDD onto a different one to use as a spare machine

I have software installed on my current my machine i've lost the install disc's and keys for so i'd like to move the windows licence without losing this software if possible?

what is your budget for the motherboard and cpu upgrade? 

1 minute ago, Lord Lightning said:

Hi,

If its Windows 10 there should be no problems at all using your current HDD/SSD on a new motherboard (I swapped 60GB and 240GB SSD between my desktop and notebook-A8 4555M based laptop to i7 4790K based desktop). Now as for the motherboard+CPU, it depends on your budget+what you want to use it for.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Comes down to your budget to be honest, but an i5 would match the 1060 perfectly.
Or wait for Zen and see what their cheaper ones offer.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

budget depends on how long i wait i think about £100-£200 most likely and it's a gaming machine.

With regards to a licence i know on good authority i have to replace my licence if i get a new motherboard due to the way it's setup (it was cheap the way i did) but i want to be able to move the whole installation (as i don't want to lose my windows 10 upgrade) to a new hdd or copy the programs off it onto a new SSD but leave the licence behind?

Thanks in advance