1070 not working - Is it my motherboard?

I bought the EVGA GTX 1070 FTW.  Fans run, beeps heard. No display or keyboard.  I updated my bios though I don't think the update is new enough for the new GPU. 

I have:

Asus PX79-E WS 

Intel Core I7

Corsair RM650w

Hyper X 8 GB x2

Old gpu: GTX780/Gigabyte

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

2 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

DO you have the top power plugged in? I doubt that any modern motherboard is going to have issues with a 1070.

Pentium 4 might

The geek himself.

i think its a motherboard problem .. when i bought EVGA GTX 1070 ftw at bootup it wouldnt go anywhere from the starrup screen where bios shortcut keys are shown .. turns out my mb didnt support it even with bios update .. i had to upgrade my mb .. i dnt remember my mb model but it was gigabyte and lga 1155

6 minutes ago, rockerguyz said:

I bought the EVGA GTX 1070 FTW.  Fans run, beeps heard. No display or keyboard.  I updated my bios though I don't think the update is new enough for the new GPU. 

I have:

Asus PX79-E WS 

Intel Core I7

Corsair RM650w

Hyper X 8 GB x2

Old gpu: GTX780/Gigabyte

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

turn it off and on again.

1 minute ago, rrubberr said:

ACTUALLY, P4 did technically support a PCIe 1.0 lane if I remember. That being said, though, was the BIOS that you flashed the latest one for the board?

Well severe bottlenecking

The geek himself.

Just now, rrubberr said:

How do you "not support" a PCIe card?

it was some sort of a pci slot issue .. it couldnt support the card .. i dnt remember all the details

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Well severe bottlenecking

Bottleneck doesn't mean it wouldn't run

1 minute ago, Saif Zafar said:

it was some sort of a pci slot issue .. it couldnt support the card .. i dnt remember all the details

put it in rice at night and it will work the next day

3 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

ACTUALLY, P4 did technically support a PCIe 1.0 lane if I remember. That being said, though, was the BIOS that you flashed the latest one for the board?

Yes it was but it is dated June 3, 2015.

2 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

That's moronic. What brand is this so I can go wreak havoc in their support forums?

lol it was a gigabyte board

5 minutes ago, Saif Zafar said:

i think its a motherboard problem .. when i bought EVGA GTX 1070 ftw at bootup it wouldnt go anywhere from the starrup screen where bios shortcut keys are shown .. turns out my mb didnt support it even with bios update .. i had to upgrade my mb .. i dnt remember my mb model but it was gigabyte and lga 1155

I looked it up - my mob is slightly newer than the one you had issues with.

I heard of somewone with some kind of similar issue before. It turned out that the new GPU was trying to boot in a UEFI suite while the rest of the system was configured to boot in legacy mode. I don't recall any details besides that so I can't help you any further, but it might be a usefull tip.

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

1 minute ago, tomaatvk said:

I heard of somewone with some kind of similar issue before. It turned out that the new GPU was trying to boot in a UEFI suite while the rest of the system was configured to boot in legacy mode. I don't recall any details besides that so I can't help you any further, but it might be a usefull tip.

I'll look into that.  Thank you.

If you put it on your integrated gpu go into bios and see if there is a pcie gpu or dedicated gpu toggle or something along thoser lines and turn it on.

Boot into the BIOS and set the PCI-E slot to Gen3. If it still doesn't work, reboot again and set it to Gen1.

idk

Should work fine. Have you tried other PCIe slots? Or verified that the slot is working?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

2 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Should work fine. Have you tried other PCIe slots? Or verified that the slot is working?

Yes - I tried another slot and It's the same slot I use for my old gpu.  I'm getting the bios suggested above right now.

14 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

The last BIOS update I see for the board says that it was to improve performance with some Maxwell cards, you might try the one from before that.

trying this now.