I'm back again.. with my shitty i5

Go to solution Solved by Master Disaster,
23 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

With an i5, he should yeah. But many people, probably the majority of twitch streamers are using CPU encoding. It's more consistent and looks better. But it sucks cock too with an i5. If you got an i5 use the GPU or even the iGPU (Nvidia quicksync) tbh 

Depends on the workload, for example I know one of my fave Twitch Streamers uses CPU encoding as he almost exclusively plays Mario (SNES or Wii U) via a capture device so his CPU is free to encode however when he (very rarely) does play PC games he has to stop the stream and switch over to GPU encoding as his 4790K struggles to play and encode at the same time.

If OP is trying to stream and play from the same machine then he should be using GPU encoding.

So I've made a few posts in the past about my CPU using extremely high CPU i feel..

I've Googled and read countless things about the i5 6600k being perfectly fine for streaming.. the problem I can't figure out is why can't I strea m?? so lets get started for the last time.

~~~Build Log~~~

I called Intel and they had me run the Intel CPU Diagnostics Tool and it passed the tests so they said there's nothing to indicate that the CPU is broken or damaged at all.. They said it's most likely a setting or configuration problem but I've done a FULL complete format and reinstalled Windows and still the same problems..

Is there anything in the UEFI/Bios that could be giving me problems? It just feels so weird that a brand new CPU and granted not the most beefy CPU like I see people gaming and streaming with this CPU and it just seems like they don't have any problems at all while im over here ripping my hair out.

I don't fully understand what your problem is ? what do you mean by you can't stream ?

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Yeah, and what software are you using for streaming.. what are your settings in that software

CPU: 2x Xeon E5 2670 Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16,  RAM: 64GB of 1333 MHz mermory from Samsung (ECC),  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070,  Case: NZXT Switch 810, Storage: Samsug EVO 250GB and 500GB, 3x3 TB and 1x1TB  HDD  PSU: Corsair RM 850,  Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2s,  Headset: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO black edition (80 ohm), OS: UnRaid with two VMs and Plex 

What games you stream? Also how are your overall temps under full load with the 212 Evo? It is no crazy OC, but maybe you have thermal issues?

Also when doing what you want to do while gaming let taskmanager run in the background, check performance tab and RMB the total usage graph and set it to logical cores. That way you see the thread usage and post pic of graphs to see if your CPU could be bottlenecked.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Just like anytime I stream a game my CPU bogs it feels 100% CPU useage and the stream buffers and lags like my CPU just can't handle it and I know it's not my internet because have a 5000kbps line with a 3000 bitate for my stream.

As far as temps go I'm at 56c underload with 1 core being at 60 the other 3 are between 54-56

as far as software I use OBS with again a 3000 bitrate.

What else am I missing?

I am streaming right now but only because I told OBS to use Videocard for encoding not the CPU but I don't feel like I should have to do that.. I know other people who stream using x264 just fine and are using a 6600k

5 minutes ago, Dimmizer said:

I am streaming right now but only because I told OBS to use Videocard for encoding not the CPU but I don't feel like I should have to do that.. I know other people who stream using x264 just fine and are using a 6600k

You indeed should be using your VIDEO card to encode the VIDEO stream for you, that's literally the point of the video card.

Your GPU has built in hardware accelerated X264 encoding and the idea is to offload your streaming workload to the GPU so your CPU is free to handle the game.

No one out there is using their CPU alone to stream with.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

25 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

You indeed should be using your VIDEO card to encode the VIDEO stream for you, that's literally the point of the video card.

Your GPU has built in hardware accelerated X264 encoding and the idea is to offload your streaming workload to the GPU so your CPU is free to handle the game.

No one out there is using their CPU alone to stream with.

11 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

With an i5, he should yeah. But many people, probably the majority of twitch streamers are using CPU encoding. It's more consistent and looks better. But it sucks cock too with an i5. If you got an i5 use the GPU or even the iGPU (Nvidia quicksync) tbh 

Hmmm ok makes more sense then :) and actually clears up a lot of things. It was seriously starting to trigger me soo bad cause I just built the PC for gaming/streaming  I was gonna get the i7 but didnt have the $ so did what I could.. I used to be on a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 lol had a 550Ti :D

23 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

Depends on the workload, for example I know one of my fave Twitch Streamers uses CPU encoding as he almost exclusively plays Mario (SNES or Wii U) via a capture device so his CPU is free to encode however when he (very rarely) does play PC games he has to stop the stream and switch over to GPU encoding as his 4790K struggles to play and encode at the same time.

If OP is trying to stream and play from the same machine then he should be using GPU encoding.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)