Two Monitors different resolutions?

Sir Asvald

I got a 1080p and a 900p monitor. I was wondering if I could make them into one. ? is it possible?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

....turning 2 monitors into one...?

I don't get the question.

If you are asking whether you can use them on the same computer, absolutely, as long as the computer has 2 video outputs...

When in doubt, re-format.

Yeah? If you mean make them to share the same screen like in a multi monitor setup. You just have to set all the monitors to the lowest res in the bundle. So meaning they both have to be 900p monitors. 

You can easily extend your desktop across them and spread your windows out, I'd use the smaller one for music/youtube/twitch while gaming on the larger one. I use a 32" for gaming and a little 17" for media on the side and I love the setup.

If you're asking about gaming across both monitors, no you can't.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Share the same screen? What?

Have a game displayed across two monitors 

Not entirely sure what he was asking fully anyways 

7 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

....turning 2 monitors into one...?

I don't get the question.

If you are asking whether you can use them on the same computer, absolutely, as long as the computer has 2 video outputs...

I've got 2 monitors. I want the to use one resolution. 

3 minutes ago, ZimFreak said:

You can easily extend your desktop across them and spread your windows out, I'd use the smaller one for music/youtube/twitch while gaming on the larger one. I use a 32" for gaming and a little 17" for media on the side and I love the setup.

If you're asking about gaming across both monitors, no you can't.

No gaming. Only on one Monitor. 

This is the settings:

b58f09a52889580df62ea8a9cca96657.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Do you want them to display the same picture? (mirrored) in that case you will need to set the 1080p one to use 900p as the resolution.

If you want them to display different things (extended) then use the native resolution for each panel as the 1080p one will look like crap most likely displaying a lower than native resolution.

Nah, it'll happen automatically, or it'll just send out 1080p and the lower res monitor will downsample.

You didn't answer my question though, are you trying to mirror or extend them?

Sending 1080 to the 900p monitor will also not look good. With LCD panels, you always want to run it at the native resolution for best visuals in windows. Gaming and supersample are a different topic altogether.

I tried eye-infinity Look crap! LOL xD 

That is exactly what supersampling does.

I'm confused about what exactly you are referring to in relation to the original question and the point I'm trying to get across.

The reason I said it's a different topic is because supersampling your DESKTOP tends to look like crap because text doesn't respond well to supersampling, so I don't recommend doing that. Supersampling games CAN look massively better. But, that is not the topic of this thread.

What I'm trying to figure out is that OP is actually trying to achieve. (mirror or extend)

On your desktop, you always want to use native. Unless you have some sort of specialized application requiring you to super-sample (I really cant think of anything that would require this, but hypothetically speaking)

5 hours ago, pwn_intended said:

What I'm trying to figure out is that OP is actually trying to achieve. (mirror or extend)

On your desktop, you always want to use native. Unless you have some sort of specialized application requiring you to super-sample (I really cant think of anything that would require this, but hypothetically speaking)

Yeah this thread has gone on far too long for us to not even know what exactly OP wants.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

11 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

I've got 2 monitors. I want the to use one resolution. 

No gaming. Only on one Monitor. 

This is the settings:

b58f09a52889580df62ea8a9cca96657.png

If you mean you want them to be the same resolution, click "Advanced display settings" at the bottom and change the larger one down to 1600×900.