Will it fit my CPU?

Rozga123

So i have a MSI B85-G41 PC Mate motherboard and an Intel Core i3-4170 which has a LGA1150 socket,and im currently using a stock cooler that comes with it and it is very load on some load.I wanted to buy a Cooler Master Hyper TX3i cooler.Now it says that it is compatible with my CPU,but i just wanted to be sure by asking you guys.Also wanted to know is it significantly quieter than the stock cooler and is it overall a good solution.Oh and the cooler comes with some thermal paste right?

2 minutes ago, Rozga123 said:

So i have a MSI B85-G41 PC Mate motherboard and an Intel Core i3-4170 which has a LGA1150 socket,and im currently using a stock cooler that comes with it and it is very load on some load.I wanted to buy a Cooler Master Hyper TX3i cooler.Now it says that it is compatible with my CPU,but i just wanted to be sure by asking you guys.Also wanted to know is it significantly quieter than the stock cooler and is it overall a good solution.Oh and the cooler comes with some thermal paste right?

if the cooler's page says it fits the LGA1150 socket, it'll fit the LGA1150 socket

but the real question is, does your case fit the cooler? or ram clearance (though ram clearance shouldnt be an issue since the cooler isnt that wide)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

What are your load temps? What you tried lowering fan speeds?

The Tx3 is quieter at load but isn't much different at idle. Yes, it comes with decent paste.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

if the cooler's page says it fits the LGA1150 socket, it'll fit the LGA1150 socket

but the real question is, does your case fit the cooler? or ram clearance (though ram clearance shouldnt be an issue since the cooler isnt that wide)

This is my case (dont look at the messy cables :D ) i think it should fit.

16118407_1233965216683639_549314957_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your load temps? What you tried lowering fan speeds?

The Tx3 is quieter at load but isn't much different at idle. Yes, it comes with decent paste.

It gets at a around 65-70 degrees,which is not the worst but the real problem for me is the noise.

1 minute ago, Rozga123 said:

It gets at a around 65-70 degrees,which is not the worst but the real problem for me is the noise.

You have a good amount of headroom. Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

You have a good amount of headroom. Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

Yup and it`s not much of a difference to be honest,thats why i looked into buying a cooler.

Yup and it`s not much of a difference to be honest,thats why i looked into buying a cooler.

How low did you set your fans and what did your temps get up to? You're fine up to 80-90c at load.

7 minutes ago, Rozga123 said:

This is my case (dont look at the messy cables :D ) i think it should fit.

would be better if you would know the case's model, and find the maximum cpu cooler height

then comparing it to the TX3i's height

How low did you set your fans and what did your temps get up to? You're fine up to 80-90c at load.

Tried very low speeds,but even at the lowest settings it is very load and if i keep lowering the temps go up.

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

would be better if you would know the case's model, and find the maximum cpu cooler height

then comparing it to the TX3i's height

Unfortunately my case is very old,i just upgraded the parts inside so i dont know the model.

Unfortunately my case is very old,i just upgraded the parts inside so i dont know the model.

You can measure the clearance available with a ruler from the cpu socket out to the side.

Posting photos would help.

Are you limited to the TX3? if you're looking to lower noise, there are probably better alternatives.

in that case, u could always grab a ruler and measure, and make sure u leave a good amount of headroom just in case

or give a further view of the case for us, we can guesstimate from the psu's width and what not

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

You can measure the clearance available with a ruler from the cpu socket out to the side.

Posting photos would help.

Are you limited to the TX3? if you're looking to lower noise, there are probably better alternatives.

This is my case,i am not limited to it,just the ones from this site http://gigatronshop.com/hladnjaci_i_oprema?tip_=cpu&tip_hladjenja=vazdusno_hladjenje&prikaz=grid-view&limit=16&poredak=opadajuci&strana=2 sorry if you dont understand anything,but i can go up to around 4000 RSD

16117306_1233965326683628_956619689_n.jpg

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

in that case, u could always grab a ruler and measure, and make sure u leave a good amount of headroom just in case

or give a further view of the case for us, we can guesstimate from the psu's width and what not

Dont know if this one help,my GPU is AMD Radeon HD 6970 2gb

m.jpg

4 minutes ago, Rozga123 said:

This is my case,i am not limited to it,just the ones from this site http://gigatronshop.com/hladnjaci_i_oprema?tip_=cpu&tip_hladjenja=vazdusno_hladjenje&prikaz=grid-view&limit=16&poredak=opadajuci&strana=2 sorry if you dont understand anything,but i can go up to around 4000 RSD

Can you measure the distance between the motherboard and side panel?

Can you measure the distance between the motherboard and side panel?

I have my side panel off on the side you see in the picture because the holders for it broke of,so the hight of the cooler is not the problem

Dont know if this one help,my GPU is AMD Radeon HD 6970 2gb

judging from the picture, given the normal width of an ATX PSU is 150mm

Spoiler

ATXPS2-3.jpg

and the cooler is 136mm in height

i'd say you're safe if you have about an inch gap between the psu and the side panel

I have my side panel off on the side you see in the picture because the holders for it broke of,so the hight of the cooler is not the problem

oh... so you're runing it without side panel? lol

then i guess it'll fit

Just now, Moonzy said:

judging from the picture, given the normal width of an ATX PSU is 150mm

Reveal hidden contents

ATXPS2-3.jpg

and the cooler is 136mm in height

i'd say you're safe if you have about an inch gap between the psu and the side panel

oh... so you're runing it without side panel? lol

then i guess it'll fit

Yeah i got it off xD,thanks for your help :D