Maybe you guys could help me (website problem)

I just cleaned my computer out of some nasty adware that used up to 16GB of RAM and 100% of my processor to keep shoving pop-ups on screen.  No more pop-ups, but I feel this issue may still be related to the virus I got.

YouTube will not load.  On any browser.  I've tried Firefox, Edge, and Chrome, all have the same issue, as seen in the first attached image.

In addition, using Google as my default search engine seems to have given up.  The malware first hijacked all browsers and changed the default search engine, but after switching back to Google, it suddenly doesn't work, as seen in the second attached image.

Though you'll see in the third image that using google.ca specifically will solve the issue, but adds an extra step in getting where I need to go.  What's going on here?

Screenshot (53).png

Screenshot (54).png

Screenshot (55).png

That's an interesting dilemma. So you have internet access but some websites load very strangely and then some just don't load outright. Personally in the event that my computer gets this infected I don't even try to save it just because of precautionary measures. I'd save your important files on another drive. Then personally I'd do a full drive wipe and re-install the OS. Just fixing the issues on the surface might mean some underlying issues could sprout up like weeds in the future.

2 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

That's an interesting dilemma. So you have internet access but some websites load very strangely and then some just don't load outright. Personally in the event that my computer gets this infected I don't even try to save it just because of precautionary measures. I'd save your important files on another drive. Then personally I'd do a full drive wipe and re-install the OS. Just fixing the issues on the surface might mean some underlying issues could sprout up like weeds in the future.

That might end up being my only option.  I found that YouTube loads fine, but only in the Tor browser.  Not exactly sure what that means.

I suggest you try running AdwCleaner and see if that cleans anything else. Also check your DNS servers and try setting them to the google DNS servers (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4)

// TODO: Update signature to include PC buid.

9 hours ago, TheGuyNL said:

I suggest you try running AdwCleaner and see if that cleans anything else. Also check your DNS servers and try setting them to the google DNS servers (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4)

I've tried everything short of resetting the DNS servers and reinstalling Windows.  I've tried running it on every browser.  Firefox, Edge, Chrome, even Steam, none of them work.  Tor works fine, still have no idea why.  Based on that, I tried connecting to TorGuard and opening Firefox through a proxy (this is after reinstalling FF and completely clearing it out mind you), same issue.  I ran AdwCleaner, and while it detected and deleted a few things, it did not resolve the issue.  Reinstalling the OS SHOULD work in theory but what's driving me insane is WHY this is happening in the first place, and WHY only Tor works.

Is it possible that your router is blocking access to the sites? What do chrome dev tools under network look like after a refresh?

I wish I knew how to stop breaking computers...