GPU backplate

Krik00

I was wondering, I can get a thin plate of copper and I wanted to use it as a GPU backplate. For aesthetics and possibly for heatspreading. Would it put big pressure on the pcie slot? What do you think o this idea? 

Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

sounds like a great way to kill a GPU

Yea, guess you are right, didn't realise until now.. What about acrylic ?

If some company offers one for your card Id go that route. Dropped almost 20c off the temps of the back of one of my cards. Well worth is in all regards.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

21 hours ago, 4kliksphilip said:

I was wondering, I can get a thin plate of copper and I wanted to use it as a GPU backplate. For aesthetics and possibly for heatspreading. Would it put big pressure on the pcie slot? What do you think o this idea? 

Thanks in advance

If done correctly you can use a metal backplate with proper spacers and thermal pads to proper insulate from shorting. As mentioned acrylic backplates are quite a popular option and many out there do make custom ones. 

3 hours ago, W-L said:

If done correctly you can use a metal backplate with proper spacers and thermal pads to proper insulate from shorting. As mentioned acrylic backplates are quite a popular option and many out there do make custom ones. 

I see. I'd say it would be complicated enough for me, it is going to be my first modded build, so I shall stick with acrylic for now. I don't think any company does custom GPU backplates in Slovakia, though. Thus I have to do one myself. Thanks for helping!

6 hours ago, 4kliksphilip said:

I see. I'd say it would be complicated enough for me, it is going to be my first modded build, so I shall stick with acrylic for now. I don't think any company does custom GPU backplates in Slovakia, though. Thus I have to do one myself. Thanks for helping!

I believe ones like Cold zero ship around the world and specialize in custom backplated and such if your interested. 

On 1/15/2017 at 6:54 PM, W-L said:

I believe ones like Cold zero ship around the world and specialize in custom backplated and such if your interested. 

Thanks, I will look into that