Adding to pre-existing RGB on MSI RX470?

Whitemk2

Hi all
I own the msi rx470 gaming X edition, which has the RGB msi logo on the side.
I was wondering if it is all possible to tap into the wiring and run perhaps a few led lights or a small led strip inside the gpu? I am confident with my soldering skills to do this but I don't know much about power draws of LED's etc to just dive straight into it. Picture for reference - my terribly painted RX470

V3wkHxJm.jpg

CPU: 6400 @4.6Ghz/1.35v MOBO:GA-Z170M-D3H RAM: 8GB @2720Mhz Case: Corsair 88R GPU: MSI RX470 @1350/1720

54 minutes ago, Whitemk2 said:

Hi all
I own the msi rx470 gaming X edition, which has the RGB msi logo on the side.
I was wondering if it is all possible to tap into the wiring and run perhaps a few led lights or a small led strip inside the gpu? I am confident with my soldering skills to do this but I don't know much about power draws of LED's etc to just dive straight into it. Picture for reference - my terribly painted RX470

It depends on your output those headers are capable of if they are just simply ~3V RGB then you may be able to put on a couple of small LED's but that being said you will want to be careful that you don't exceed that header's power rating if there is one.

48 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Do you know what LED strip you're going to use? start with that 

No idea on a strip, was more or less going to see if there was any info on the header and choose from there.

15 minutes ago, W-L said:

It depends on your output those headers are capable of if they are just simply ~3V RGB then you may be able to put on a couple of small LED's but that being said you will want to be careful that you don't exceed that header's power rating if there is one.

Ah ok, yeah the msi logo probaby is lit up by some small ones so I'd imagine it cant have much of a power draw. I might have to see what I can find in terms of a multimeter or something to see.

CPU: 6400 @4.6Ghz/1.35v MOBO:GA-Z170M-D3H RAM: 8GB @2720Mhz Case: Corsair 88R GPU: MSI RX470 @1350/1720