Lower spec Ryzen chips

I know everything is only rumoured and any information is only speculation but, does anyone reckon that AMD will release a chip that has a similar price, or lower, for a similar performance to compete with Intel's i5 lineup. I was wanting to build a PC in January and thought I'd hold off until CES to see what is brought to the public. 

I have only seen Ryzen chips that are being stacked up against higher end i7's from Intel that go for around $1000. Is there any chance they will release a chip that will be around $200 - 250 or that's similar to core i5 performance. 

Edit: I understand there will be no answer to this, but going off AMDs past releases. Will this be likely? 

AMD always aimed the more tight budget builds so it is very likely it will release lower end cpus, though until announcement all is speculation.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

The 4 core Ryzen SR 3 should be priced competitively with a I5 6600k. It should perform close to the level of the Intel chip with a slightly slower single thread performance but good enough to prevent stutter on all games.

There is that rumour that at least one of the Ryzen SKU's will hit 5ghz on air. If it's true the 4C 8T variant is most likely cause of physics. If that chip is really 5ghz then you could get a cheap 4C 8T Ryzen that competes with the 7700k. But thats a huge IF. I'm personally finishing off my build in January/February time frame and just want to see final head to head benchmarks at this point so I can decide 7700k or Ryzen.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

18 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

AMD always aimed the more tight budget builds 

No. Just no. AMD was the first to release a 1000.00 cpu. AMD isn't robin hood, if they have something that can compete with intel, it will be priced similarly.

The only reason AMD has this champion of the budget market image is because they bet everything on bulldozer and it was crap. The only way they could sell that shit was to drop prices.

While they will have a full product stack, make no mistake, AMD isn't aiming at the low end budget market.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB