Fans for NZXT H440

Jahoppski

Hello!

I'm getting an NZXT H440, and I've been looking at other builds with people who also use it. I've seen a build where they use three of these and three of these, and I'm wondering are these effective fans to use within this case?

Thanks for any feedback left!

If your going to replace the fans look at NZXT's new Aer P or Aer LED fans that are coming soon. They are high static pressure fans, just like Linus recommends.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

8 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

If your going to replace the fans look at NZXT's new Aer P or Aer LED fans that are coming soon. They are high static pressure fans, just like Linus recommends.

Okay, I'll keep an eye out for those, thanks very much!

10 minutes ago, Jahoppski said:

How many should I buy, if I were to go for these? Thanks for the suggestion also! They seem really good.

How many do you want? I think 2 is enough.

I heard they combine the features of SP (static pressure) and AF (Airflow) fans.

anyways, in case you don't know. the NZXT H440 already comes with 4 fans (x3 front, x1 rear none LED)

Since you don't have the case already, i'll suggest this case: NZXT Noctis 450

it has a lot of amazing red LED. I figured you like the red theme.

2 minutes ago, Mello said:

I heard they combine the features of SP (static pressure) and AF (Airflow) fans.

anyways, in case you don't know. the NZXT H440 already comes with 4 fans (x3 front, x1 rear none LED)

Yes, I do like the red theme! Most of my parts come in a Black/Red theme, to be consistent.

I think I may go with the Noctis, it does seem very good. Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

6 minutes ago, Mello said:

Oh, also, would you recommend this CPU Cooler for the case?

Thanks again!

Damn, the ML noise is way better than SP and AF.

Even at 1000 RPM.

7 minutes ago, Mello said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/6QX4Z8

Just changed some things...

Gigabyte awesome mb,

Deepcool AIO fan on top.

set the 1080 strix on red, and it's gonna blow your mind.

The link of the fans was for US before.

I'm excited! xD

Good luck.

Thanks for the changes! But I'm unsure as to using liquid cooling. I've never really used it before, so I don't know how to set up, and how much maintenance it requires. Is it worth the extra hassle though?

AIO liquid coolers are easy to maintain, just gotta clean the dust out of the rad every year or so. If you go AIO consider the NZXT Kraken x62 is basically made for the H440 and Noctis 450 (note they are the same case with different exterior panelling). It's not a cheap AIO but it uses the latest generation of Asetek hardware is really quiet for an AIO.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

1 minute ago, DELTAprime said:

AIO liquid coolers are easy to maintain, just gotta clean the dust out of the rad every year or so. If you go AIO consider the NZXT Kraken x62 is basically made for the H440 and Noctis 450 (note they are the same case with different exterior panelling). It's not a cheap AIO but it uses the latest generation of Asetek hardware is really quiet for an AIO.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely consider getting it!

What's the reason behind buying new fans for the case?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

13 hours ago, DELTAprime said:

I saw it, but I thought the lighting doesn't change.

it looks amazing.

And there is also Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240

But I think the NZXT Kraken still looks better.

2 hours ago, Mello said:

I saw it, but I thought the lighting doesn't change.

it looks amazing.

And there is also Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240

But I think the NZXT Kraken still looks better.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be going with that. Thank you guys for your suggestions!

10 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What's the reason behind buying new fans for the case?

I don't know about the OP's motivation but I'm going to replace my H440's fans with the NZXT Aer P fans when they are widely available because of A: looks and B: the included fans are not static pressure (yes I believe Linus when he says don't use airflow). It's not something I'm going to rush out and do, but it's on the to do list when I find a good price.

1 minute ago, DELTAprime said:

I don't know about the OP's motivation but I'm going to replace my H440's fans with the NZXT Aer P fans when they are widely available because of A: looks and B: the included fans are not static pressure (yes I believe Linus when he says don't use airflow). It's not something I'm going to rush out and do, but it's on the to do list when I find a good price.

Oh, whoops, I didn't notice that Wooden asked that question. My bad! I was just thinking that the fans that already came preinstalled within the case may be able to be improved upon. But since I'm now getting the Noctis 450, then I'm going to need new fans anyway so I'm able to customise them myself. So I'm able to choose the aesthetics and performance of the fans.

9 hours ago, Jahoppski said:

Oh, whoops, I didn't notice that Wooden asked that question. My bad! I was just thinking that the fans that already came preinstalled within the case may be able to be improved upon. But since I'm now getting the Noctis 450, then I'm going to need new fans anyway so I'm able to customise them myself. So I'm able to choose the aesthetics and performance of the fans.

The Noctis 450 comes with the same FN V2's that come with the H440. They're very middle of the road in terms of performance and sound a bit smoother than average.

If you're going after a certain aesthetic, it would be a good idea to establish what you're going for to begin with.

AF/SP120 LED's aren't much better than the stock fans.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

21 hours ago, DELTAprime said:

There's ML fans from corsair.

a bit pricey, but way better than both.

5 minutes ago, Mello said:

There's ML fans from corsair.

a bit pricey, but way better than both.

2.9mmH2O on the $17USD Aer P vs 4.2mmH2O on the $35USD ML is a sacrifice I can make for saving the cash. CFM is almost identical. Also I don't like LED blades, just not my thing.

6 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

2.9mmH2O on the $17USD Aer P vs 4.2mmH2O on the $35USD ML is a sacrifice I can make for saving the cash. CFM is almost identical. Also I don't like LED blades, just not my thing.

it's not all LED xD

There's black or white without LED.

$32 for 2-pack 

can't find Aer P on amazon or newegg, all I find is the Aer RGB.

but on nzxt's website it's $17 for 1 fan.

so 2 of them is $34

13 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The Noctis 450 comes with the same FN V2's that come with the H440. They're very middle of the road in terms of performance and sound a bit smoother than average.

If you're going after a certain aesthetic, it would be a good idea to establish what you're going for to begin with.

AF/SP120 LED's aren't much better than the stock fans.

So if I were to buy new fans, I'd have to remove the current fans of the Noctis 450?

20 minutes ago, Mello said:

it's not all LED xD

There's black or white without LED.

$32 for 2-pack 

can't find Aer P on amazon or newegg, all I find is the Aer RGB.

but on nzxt's website it's $17 for 1 fan.

so 2 of them is $34

I'm getting a little confused, so is this the H440 that you guys are discussing? Or does the Noctis already come with fans that I'd have to remove if I were to add in my own.