Microphone Issue

brothermilan

I've had an Audio Technica condenser microphone laying around for a while, and I'd like to use it since it's so much better than my headset mic. The only problem is that Windows seems to think it is a stereo mic. It's a mono mic, so I'm only getting input on the left channel. I'm running the XLR mic through my Avid interface. Funny enough, the mic records mono fine when I use Avid's Pro Tools DAW. It comes through mono and I can pan it if need be. However, if I try to record in something like Audacity, It automatically creates a stereo track and starts recording on the left side. Also, in TeamSpeak, people only hear me on the left track. Nvidia Shadowplay also only picks up left channel. Finally, I can set the microphone to "listen" in recording devices and it's only on the left. Pro Tools is the only program that recognizes the mic as mono.

I'm sure if I could just set the mic as a mono input the problem would be resolved. I just can't find that option anywhere in Windows 10.

I have googled this issue for months and still can't find a fix. I'd like to not use any 3rd party software like VoiceMeeter, the latency is terrible if I'm talking to people in TS.

Any suggestions would be appreciated; I'm pulling my hair out over here.

Voicemeeter latency is mainly pending on how you configure it. With DAW, you might connect Voicemeeter output A1 to your ASIO device and connect your DAW to Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO driver... Then you will get optimal latency (comparable to latency you have with your protools).  Voicemeeter USer Manual: http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/Voicemeeter_UserManual.pdf