"Dead pixel"? Only in BF4?

mbryant

So I was playing BF4 and in the top left of the screen I noticed a black pixel sized spot, I launched another game and didn't see it and I also pulled up an all white image and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Tonight I pulled up BF4 again and had it on my secondary display and saw the "dead pixel" in the same area.

Thoughts? 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

Sounds like a visual glitch. It will probably be fixed one day, although not anytime soon.

-アパゾ

14 minutes ago, mbryant said:

So I was playing BF4 and in the top left of the screen I noticed a black pixel sized spot, I launched another game and didn't see it and I also pulled up an all white image and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Tonight I pulled up BF4 again and had it on my secondary display and saw the "dead pixel" in the same area.

Thoughts? 

If it's only in BF1 on multiple monitors then it's not a dead pixel and an artifact of some kind.

I'd suggest verifying the game via Origin to make sure it's not some kind of corruption in the program and then maybe installing the latest GPU driver if you haven't or reinstalling it if you already have it, after uninstalling it with DDU of course so it's a clean install.

All Swedish game developers have a function call, pMessWithMBryant(int) in their code. Each game that has it, has its own implementation, that is to say, in BF4 it is a black pixel, in another game it could be a rainbow flash, or a frame tear in a specific location.

Now, you need to understand that the developers don't really want to do this, they are forced to do it by the Swedish Government. The big question is, just what did you do to piss off the Riksdag? :P

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."