Can I push 4k?

megadarkwood

I thought I would start this thread for people like me that want to know if their current setup can push 4k video. So, if you want to know just ask here and others can help you!

I know I most likely can't...

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Why would I want to know If I could run a game at 4k when I won't have a 4k monitor for a long time and won't need to push 4k pixels?

Surely people who have a 4k monitor would already know if their machine could handle it.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

my dad bought a 4k tv*, i had to push it all the way into the living room

*not really, im not that lucky

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

I am laughing just thinking about all the people who will refuse to buy a 4K monitor because they think that the extra pixels will make it heavier :D

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

I am laughing just thinking about all the people who will refuse to buy a 4K monitor because they think that the extra pixels will make it heavier :D

So you're laughing at absolutely no one?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

im more interested what is needed to push 4k video of extremely high bitrate. if something like a 7770 can do 4k video with ease ill be happy

Maybe, but considering the thread called "Experiences with non-techies" on this forum I honestly believe that I am laughing at/of/with someone ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Im not sure if he means tasks like games or the wheight of the monitor?

Games or wheight?

Maybe, but considering the thread called "Experiences with non-techies" on this forum I honestly believe that I am laughing at/of/with someone ;)

You're probably right actually, some of the stories I've read involve ridiculously stupid people.

Im not sure if he means tasks like games or the wheight of the monitor?

I think it was the weight of the monitor :P

You're probably right actually, some of the stories I've read involve ridiculously stupid people.

I think it was the weight of the monitor :P

Seems like we agree ;)

Yeah I was talking about the weight :) Logic being that all those extra pixels got to way something ;)

Tor

Seems like we agree ;)

Yeah I was talking about the weight :) Logic being that all those extra pixels got to way something ;)

Well there's 4x as many pixels, that must mean the monitor weighs more.  More pixels = more weight ;)

im more interested what is needed to push 4k video of extremely high bitrate. if something like a 7770 can do 4k video with ease ill be happy

Explain. 

Do you mean 4K video or 4K gaming? 

A 7770 can do 4K video. In fact, most dedicated GPUs can. 

Gaming ... that depends on FPS required to be acceptable, effects level desired, etc. Because all that matter a LOT.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Explain. 

Do you mean 4K video or 4K gaming? 

A 7770 can do 4K video. In fact, most dedicated GPUs can. 

Gaming ... that depends on FPS required to be acceptable, effects level desired, etc. Because all that matter a LOT.

i meant pure video like a movie or TV shows. thats more applicable to me than gaming since i know you need some modern high end systems for 4k gaming

i meant pure video like a movie or TV shows. thats more applicable to me than gaming since i know you need some modern high end systems for 4k gaming

Well, to be honest, you only need high end machines for 4K gaming at high details with AA and such on. 

I'd guess that even a 7870 could do 4K gaming if it was at 4K resolution, and everything else was turned to minimal settings and you'd probably get between 30-60 FPS. 

I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I'm testing 4K on games. Don't go thinking your dual 770s are going to get more than 20 fps on respectable settings anytime soon.