Short Crackling/Buzzing Sound in PSU

Good day everyone!

I bought a Seasonic M12II 620W Evo 80+ Bronze Fully Modular PSU together with the other parts last week. I've noticed that sometimes (twice already) it makes a short (1-2 seconds) crackling/buzzing sound when I toggled on/off the psu switch. PC boots and loads windows 10 normally and does not produce any weird/annoying sounds while running. Haven't tried to stress test the whole unit yet and check if the crackling/buzzing sound will occur for a long period. I've read posts saying that it's coming from a relay in the psu and its normal. Others say it's coil whine or a symptom of a faulty psu. The sound just occurs when toggling the psu switch. PSU directly plugged into wall outlet but Im planning to buy an ups/avr this coming Saturday.

Is it really normal?

Thank you!

CPU: Intel i7 6700K

MOBO: AsRock Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4

RAM: GSkill RipJaws V 2x8GB 2400 CL15

GPU: None

SSD: SanDisk Plus 240GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

PSU: Seasonic M12II 620W Evo 80+ Bronze Fully Modular

COOLER: DeepCool Captain 240 EX Red

CASE: Phanteks P400 Black

5 minutes ago, kurtstir said:

Just wondering, why are you using the psu switch?

Just to make sure that I turned on/off my pc completely.

6 minutes ago, OpenMindedGuy said:

Does your motherboard have a CMOS Battery?

IM BACK BABY

10 minutes ago, OpenMindedGuy said:

Its extremely important to know! What MOBO do you have?

IM BACK BABY

3 minutes ago, kurtstir said:

Does your motherboard have a CMOS Battery?

Yes it does.

1 minute ago, OpenMindedGuy said:

Yes it does.

So the main downside to turning off the PSU is that the CMOS battery will start draining even though the computer is turned off meaning you may need to buy a new CMOS battery and fix all date/time settings

IM BACK BABY

1 minute ago, kurtstir said:

Its extremely important to know! What MOBO do you have?

I've listed my parts. Kindly read it.

1 minute ago, kurtstir said:

So the main downside to turning off the PSU is that the CMOS battery will start draining even though the computer is turned off meaning you may need to buy a new CMOS battery and fix all date/time settings

Would that solve the issue about the short crackling/buzzing sound of my psu switch?

2 minutes ago, OpenMindedGuy said:

Would that solve the issue about the short crackling/buzzing sound of my psu switch?

I would suggest trying to go a few days without turning off the PSU, see if you have any issues with ANY abnormal noises, and if you do comment back here. PSUs are one of those components which the only quick trouble shoot method is replacing them because issues like this can differ greatly from person to person. On 2 of my builds I have had issues with coil wine but had no issues to general performance and usability. I would still suggest that you have all components under warranty in case something does go wrong.

IM BACK BABY

5 minutes ago, kurtstir said:

I would suggest trying to go a few days without turning off the PSU, see if you have any issues with ANY abnormal noises, and if you do comment back here. PSUs are one of those components which the only quick trouble shoot method is replacing them because issues like this can differ greatly from person to person. On 2 of my builds I have had issues with coil wine but had no issues to general performance and usability. I would still suggest that you have all components under warranty in case something does go wrong.

Ok thanks for the assistance.