Origin and steam key question

TheCanadianGamer16

ok, so i have some spare steam and origin keys from the origin humble bundle, but i can't remember what ones have been activated...is there a way to check if it still is active without actually activating the code?

My System

CPU - 3570K@4.4Ghz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 in pull | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | RAM - G.Skill RipJawX Blue 8GB 2133Mhz | GPU - Gigabyte Windforce X3 HD7970 | SSD - Patriot Pyro SE 120GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU - Corsair TX850V2 | Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL 

ok, so i have some spare steam and origin keys from the origin humble bundle, but i can't remember what ones have been activated...is there a way to check if it still is active without actually activating the code?

when you put the code in it will ask if you are sure you want to use it

or it will tell you it is already used. 

when you put the code in it will ask if you are sure you want to use it

or it will tell you it is already used. 

That will not work.

Steam and Origin do not pre-check keys first and tell you if they are used or not.

You can view some game keys in Steam and Origin in the game properties in clients.

Crysis 2 in Steam allows it.   Medal of honor (2010) does not)

Steam: Click DETAILS..... on the right of the screen under LINKS there should be a CD KEY link.

Origin:  Right-click the game image and select SHOW GAME DETAILS.

Steam: On the game name or icon Click DETAILS..... on the right of the screen under LINKS there should be a CD KEY link.

Origin:  Right-click the game image and select SHOW GAME DETAILS.  Or click the "i" link that appears when you hover your mouse over the game.

Game keys are also kept in the registry, so if Origin or Steam do not allow you to see it in the client you can search online and find which registry entry it is.

i have these games on origin (BF3 ,sims3 ,crysis 2 ,dead space 3 ,dead space ,red alert 3 , burnout paradise , mirror edge , populous) . want to trade for steam games ..

check the email that you got and see if you looked at the codes yet

the only problem, is i gave keys away in a youtube giveaway, and i don't have the messages anymore :/

My System

CPU - 3570K@4.4Ghz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 in pull | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | RAM - G.Skill RipJawX Blue 8GB 2133Mhz | GPU - Gigabyte Windforce X3 HD7970 | SSD - Patriot Pyro SE 120GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU - Corsair TX850V2 | Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL