My first build!

Doughmay

Hello LTT community! I want to tell you all on my first build and my stupid first build mistakes XD.

I call the build: BetaMax SI II (II=revision 2)

This build includes:

CPU: AMD-FX 8320E 

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 460 2GB DDR5

PSU: EVGA 500+

MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB 3

RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHZ

HDD: Toshiba 1TB HDD

DVD: Asus DR- something something

Case: DIABLOTEK EVO III

(sorry for no pcpartpicker)

--Build Log---

1. Planning- I planed and re-planned so many times xD I ended up going with a basically completely different build than what I had initially planned.

2. Buying! - Well, I got things when my local MicroCenter was having there PC month sales event so I got discounts which saved money, which also allowed me room to get a better processor as I wanted an Athlon X4 860K, and they also discounted my FX which was also on sale for 89.99 as I bundled a motherboard with it, so it definitely was a worthwhle trip. My case was on sale as well for just under 40$ and it came with 4 molex powered fans!

3. Building......- So, being me I get over excited with things like this and I started to build, got everything in and everything hooked up...BUT with my luck, my system wouldn't POST! But after talking with users on LTT (they were so helpful!)  I figured out my case didn't come with STAND-OFFS! Such and idiot! Thank god Asus had protection on it so nothing sparked....So I got my standoffs in and had to rebuild the system to how it was before, then voila! It worked :) but my I/O sheild refused to go in and I didn't feel like bothering with it anymore, so I left it out.... Eh its fine.

4. Installing windows! - OK, so this was a hassle, so I waited for 6 hours on STUPID CENTURYLINK INTERNET, and I made a bootable windows 10 disk, and that didn;t work, so I had to go back to my old PC and burn a CD with the ISO on it, I was so impatient! -Fast forward 2 hours of setting up windows- I finally get everything working, with all programs and most importantly steam!

5. Games! My PC holds up for games pretty well, in grand theft auto V wyhen turned on to high settings I can really notice the CPU lagging behind, which is alright as I don't really play on high anyway, (I'm from PS3, LOL) So turning down the settings is no problem for me!

Anyway! I guess that's it for my build.. Sorry if the log isn't very detailed, I didn't take a video or take many pictures, (that's how much I was determined to get the thing working...) I hope you guys enjoy, and I know I probably could've done something better through other peoples guides...But I kind of wanted it to be an original idea, and not just a build someone did.

Hope you enjoyed!

Doughmay 

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

Delta R5 Build