Pump powered by power supply?

I recently bought a ekwb kit, turned on my computer today, and my cpu_opt didn't want to power my pump, I plug my pump directly into my power supply and it works fine. Will it harm my pump to run at max or is there a good solution to use pwm for my pump? 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-100-ddc-3-2-pwm-elite-incl-pump   (Very close to the pump that came with my kit)

Thank You

Jer

2 hours ago, Jeramathi1992 said:

I recently bought a ekwb kit, turned on my computer today, and my cpu_opt didn't want to power my pump, I plug my pump directly into my power supply and it works fine. Will it harm my pump to run at max or is there a good solution to use pwm for my pump? 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-100-ddc-3-2-pwm-elite-incl-pump   (Very close to the pump that came with my kit)

Thank You

Jer

The pump requires molex power to run it, it will not run off of only the 4 pin connector, it is only there for RPM monitoring and PWM speed control. 

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

The pump requires molex power to run it, it will not run off of only the 4 pin connector, it is only there for RPM monitoring and PWM speed control. 

My pump is a little different then from the link, it runs off one single 4pin fan connector.

1 minute ago, Jeramathi1992 said:

My pump is a little different then from the link, it runs off one single 4pin fan connector.

What pump do you have exactly, most have a molex theses days to ensure you don't overload the motherboard headers.